• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FRESH 1.1 app2sd question

chinochino360

Dec 11, 2009
Well i've had fresh 1.1 for about 3 weeks, and recently partitioned
my sd card. But i'm not sure if i did it right, because even thou
that I read in a couple of places how to do it, still when i check in
or under sd and internal memory it shows as if they're still being installed
like before(not app2sd). So what gives? what if anything am I doing
wrong. And if so how could I check if apps are in fact being installed
on my sd. Also I read something about cache being moved to sd, and
something about changing ext 2 to ext3 or something like that. I
know this may in fact sound like simple or even STUPID questions but
I AM A NOOB.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP!

you have to reinstall the apps if you partitioned correctly.. now.. if you did.. do NOT remove the SD card while powered up.. doing that can result in bricking the phone..requiring a RUU reset...oh yeah... hope the SD card never fails on you....

Sorry, bad advice. I should have said take it out BEFORE booting, although I guess that isn't a good idea either. I took mine out and nothing would load, but I certainly didn't have to do more than a hard reset to get it back to normal o_O

Upvote 0
Soooo. What does it mean if I haven't had to re-install any apps thus far after rooting my phone?? Does it mean I didn't do it right?? What can I do to fix this? Because i've also noticed that I am missing some apps/ programs that supposedly come with the flash root. I know that I got the wireless tether app, the es file explorer, the recovery flasher,and the super user permissions. But I don't see the apps2sd app, or busybox?? What gives?

Upvote 0
Soooo. What does it mean if I haven't had to re-install any apps thus far after rooting my phone?? Does it mean I didn't do it right?? What can I do to fix this? Because i've also noticed that I am missing some apps/ programs that supposedly come with the flash root. I know that I got the wireless tether app, the es file explorer, the recovery flasher,and the super user permissions. But I don't see the apps2sd app, or busybox?? What gives?

apps2sd and busybox aren't "apps", they're components of the ROM (sort of).

Apps2sd is more of an "ability" than anything, and busybox is included in all ROM's that I know of, whether it says it or not. Busybox is...well, I honestly don't know what it is lol, but it's not an app, so it won't show up on your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones