1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Fresh 2.0 to 2.1.1-- Wipe required?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by derspiess, May 24, 2010.

1. derspiess

derspiess Member

Usual disclaimer-- I did search but didn't see that this had come up yet.

Anywho, I know the official Fresh 2.1.1 instructions mention wiping before installing 2.1.1, but is that absolutely necessary if you already have Fresh 2.0?

I went ahead & installed the 2.1.1 ROM without wiping (wanted to avoid the annoyance, having had to restore all my data recently when I went to 2.0) and am not seeing any issues thus far. But who knows, maybe I'm just not seeing something.

TIA

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cooolone2

cooolone2 Android Enthusiast

It doesn't hurt to wipe... You SHOULD wipe if loading different ROM classes, i.e., 1.5 - 1.6, or 1.6 - 2.0, 1.5 - 2.1, etc., also WIPE if loading different ROM's (brand).

Hope that helps.

:cool:

derspiess likes this.
  3. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Newbie

Good question. I was wondering this also as I'm on 2.0d.

4. mysticmead

mysticmead Android Expert

let me put it this way. If you flash 2.1.1 on top of 2.0d and have NO problems... then congrats.. you have done what a handful of us have done. if you do have problems (boot loops... force close on most or all apps etc..) then wipe and try again

5. NotSure

NotSure Newbie

Do a titanium system data backup and it will restore your phone to the way it was on 2.0d

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews