1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Fresh 2.0!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by John_Droid, Mar 6, 2010.

1. GForce1015

GForce1015 Newbie

This could be my problem... I pulled the battery the first time and didnt wipe and reinstall. I'll try tonight and hopefully it fixes the few minor things.

btw I love this rom besides what i mentioned so far. Everything is super smooth and quick.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dmm5157

dmm5157 Android Enthusiast

I know you said you aren't using Facebook Sync, but did you check the sync area I mentioned in my post above? I was having the exact same problem (mine was facebook related). Might want to double check what is syncing your contacts to.

Other than that, keep reading the XDA forums. The answer is probably out there.

3. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

The only thing syncing my contacts is Google. (haven't even logged into facebook with this rom)

This is so very frustrating. Even unknown text messages are displaying from this one particular contact.

Thanks for the response though, anyone else have any thoughts as to why this might be happening?

4. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast

Anybody do the radio update yet? One guy on xda bricked his phone so I'm a little nervous.

5. 702DROID

702DROID Android Enthusiast

hes not reporting if he used the right radio .......

ALWAYS BE CARFUL WHEN FLASHING A RADIO

6. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast

Yeah, that is suspect, but at least he was able to get a new phone. I just flashed the new radio and definitely noticed improved signal strength at my workplace.

7. TerrBear

TerrBear Well-Known Member

Going back to Fresh 1.1. The new ROM works well but has a few bugs that I can't live with right now. I use my phone for business and really need the contacts to work correctly. 2.0 sure is pretty though.

8. uminchu

uminchu Android Enthusiast

Is Fresh 2.0b compatible with Pre-Kitchen?

9. BoomCackle

BoomCackle Newbie

in 1.5 it was easy to only sync 'My Contacts' so that only the contacts i wanted on my phone would sync. Can't figure out how to do this in 2.0/2.1. I see the options to only view contacts with a phone number, but all the contacts are still there. Anyone got any ideas?

10. ccapasso

ccapasso Android Expert

11. Svengali522

Svengali522 Lurker

Just figured out how to turn of haptic feedback...

Settings-language & keyboard-touch input-text input-vibrate when typing.

I hope this solves your problem! I know I was excited when I finally found it!

Bennyhill and GForce1015 like this.
  12. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

I figured out my problem. I just deleted that one contact and re input his info now it works as normal.

Thanks for the haptic tip Svengali that was starting to get on my nerves.

13. jersey221

jersey221 Android Enthusiast

im still not sure if i want to try this been hearing things about the radio and some stuff about the rom is it worth it?

14. 702DROID

very well worth it .....ONE phone bricked from the radio update ...i know mine is running fine without a problem except cant stand the lockscreen but havent fig out a workaround for that yet

15. jersey221

jersey221 Android Enthusiast

whats wrong with the lockscreen?

16. 702DROID

the stock android one is incomplet (clocks vertical and no slide to unlock) and the htc lock screen has a hidden walpaper that no one can find to del for a clear lock screen like on fresh 1.1

17. Sirithe

Sirithe Member

This is available to the public now. I haven't donated but I'm downloading it now.

18. dmm5157

dmm5157 Android Enthusiast

Tried it for a couple days, but was having issues with ringtones, contacts, and so forth. Decided to do a Nandroid restore back to to Fresh1.1.

I loved the way everything worked, how fast it ran, and the battery life. Just need to work out the final bugs and it'll be perfect. For now, I'll go back to what works best for me.

As a donator from the start, I am very thankful for Flipz. He does great work.

19. and the Pinch zoom for the Sense and internet is on the fritz for it to come back you have to keep Reseting and 2.0b2 is out

20. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast

Yeah so I'm holding off on 2.0b2. Don't need vid and I can find protected apps manually. I'm enjoying the ROM as is. I'll wait another week before wiping yet again.

21. mysticmead

mysticmead Android Expert

I'm holding off til the official Sprint release gets out... then a full blown Fresh will be available

22. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Android Expert

it certainly looks like Damageless' ROM (which is based off Fresh) will be as fully functional as is possible by the end of the day, minus the Sprint apps....should be pretty sweet.

It's going to be really damn awesome when 2.1 does finally come out, and we actually get everything that's built for the Hero. I mean, Fresh 2.0b is already insanely fast, just imagine what they can do by optimizing something already made specifically for our phone lol (and yes, I know the Eris is damn close to our phone)

23. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast

I might just give the Damageless ROM a try this evening.

24. chfields

chfields Well-Known Member

I have the Fresh 2.0b and love the pinch to zoom....anyways, I tried using the live wallpaper ut when I turn off the screen and then go back, it goes back to my original wallpaper....why is that???

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews