• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have the Fresh 2.0b and love the pinch to zoom....anyways, I tried using the live wallpaper ut when I turn off the screen and then go back, it goes back to my original wallpaper....why is that???
Ya, a lot of people are reporting the same thing. I prefer 'sense' anyway, so live wallpapers are not even an option for me. The LWPs are so buggy, as you have witnessed, that flipz removed them from the 2.0b2 release.

flipz said:
LWP only kind of worked and kept crashing so I removed them from 2.0b2

Upvote 0
did anyone ever have the problem of when they get a restricted call it shows a random name from your contacts.

Was this fixed with the new one? That right there is enough to turn me off from the rom.
I had tons of issues like this for both phone calls and text messages. I'm pretty sure it's all related to using facebook sync. If you disable, it resolves, but then you don't have the nice photos, etc, linked up for, perhaps, most of your contacts.

It created enough problems for me that I actually went back to 1.5 for now, waiting for the official 2.1 release for the devs to use as a source.

I haven't tried 2.0b2 yet to see if the issue is resolved.

Upvote 0
I had tons of issues like this for both phone calls and text messages. I'm pretty sure it's all related to using facebook sync. If you disable, it resolves, but then you don't have the nice photos, etc, linked up for, perhaps, most of your contacts.

It created enough problems for me that I actually went back to 1.5 for now, waiting for the official 2.1 release for the devs to use as a source.

I haven't tried 2.0b2 yet to see if the issue is resolved.

i dont and have never used facebook sync. I dont see the point really

Upvote 0
T
Oddly enough I didn't have any issues with this ROM, all worked well. Then againI flashed mine over top of the 2.1 Eclair Build Flipz released. Looking forward to testing more of the new one eventually.
you know I think that's they key as damageless found with his hybrid rom. Looks like flipz 2.0b2 rom should work just as well. I like facebook sync btw since it prevents you from having to manually assign photos,etc.

Upvote 0
Ya, a lot of people are reporting the same thing. I prefer 'sense' anyway, so live wallpapers are not even an option for me. The LWPs are so buggy, as you have witnessed, that flipz removed them from the 2.0b2 release.

That answers my question...although it did look kinda cool.....If it worked I was just going to switch between the 2...Ah well.....

Upvote 0
That answers my question...although it did look kinda cool.....If it worked I was just going to switch between the 2...Ah well.....

I've always found live wallpapers to be nothing more than a gimmick, more of a resource hog than anything in my mind. Tried them once on Darch's ROM I think, and while fun for about 30 seconds, they're just worthless to me otherwise lol.

On a side noe, once Damageless gets his ROM updated later today, I'm going to try that one...especially since I'll have faster internet at my gf's place to keep up with the updates lol

Upvote 0
I've always found live wallpapers to be nothing more than a gimmick, more of a resource hog than anything in my mind. Tried them once on Darch's ROM I think, and while fun for about 30 seconds, they're just worthless to me otherwise lol.

On a side noe, once Damageless gets his ROM updated later today, I'm going to try that one...especially since I'll have faster internet at my gf's place to keep up with the updates lol

This was my first time trying it....gets old fast........otherwise this seems to be working great.....

Upvote 0
Loving 2.0b2, can't get google navigation to work though, keep says "aquiring GPS" and it won't ever pick up on it. I tried scrolling this this thread and didn't see anything on this topic, anyone else having this problem? If this was mentioned somewhere else i apologize or if this is a uneducated question I apologize also, pretty new to this "root" thing. Thanks in advance for any replys.

today is a new day and its now working...who knows. Thanks all for no one replying! LOL.

Upvote 0
Two things I have noticed about Fresh2.0b is:

1) The battery drain is much faster than with Fresh1.1+Gumbo+Overclock

2) The camera works but the auto focus is a little off. It is not as bad as the 1st generation Sprint Hero software, but the updated "stock" HTC/Sprint software is much better as far as picture clarity is concerned.

That said, Flipz has done an awesome job on this project. If you haven't donated to Flipz project, you should.

Upvote 0
Two things I have noticed about Fresh2.0b is:

1) The battery drain is much faster than with Fresh1.1+Gumbo+Overclock

2) The camera works but the auto focus is a little off. It is not as bad as the 1st generation Sprint Hero software, but the updated "stock" HTC/Sprint software is much better as far as picture clarity is concerned.

That said, Flipz has done an awesome job on this project. If you haven't donated to Flipz project, you should.

for battery life, make sure you're not using overclock or setcpu, they have adverse effects on this ROM.

It's not GREAT battery life, but it's not bad either. I was losing about 3% per hour with minor use. With Fresh 1.1, I was losing 1-2% per hour on the same amount of use. So I'm not sure I'd call it "faster", but it's not quite as good. I think it'd get better over time though, as it seems that the built in power manager "learns" over time

Upvote 0
yeah and now my signal sucks for this rom lol
My signal is great since I installed the new radio.

for battery life, make sure you're not using overclock or setcpu, they have adverse effects on this ROM.

It's not GREAT battery life, but it's not bad either. I was losing about 3% per hour with minor use. With Fresh 1.1, I was losing 1-2% per hour on the same amount of use. So I'm not sure I'd call it "faster", but it's not quite as good. I think it'd get better over time though, as it seems that the built in power manager "learns" over time
I had removed Overclock and SetCPU prior to installing fresh2.0b. With Fresh2.0b, I am getting about 14 hrs on the battery. With Fresh1.1+Gumby+overclock, I was getting about 32hrs. I couldn't believe my phone was lasting so long. I got spoiled by that.

Upvote 0
My signal is great since I installed the new radio.

I had removed Overclock and SetCPU prior to installing fresh2.0b. With Fresh2.0b, I am getting about 14 hrs on the battery. With Fresh1.1+Gumby+overclock, I was getting about 32hrs. I couldn't believe my phone was lasting so long. I got spoiled by that.

yeah i did the Radio...this time im leaving it be, everything works Camera Video camera im not touching anything else.....or ill fuk sumthin else up LOL

Upvote 0
yeah and now my signal sucks for this rom lol

Bars are never a good way to truly know your reception. The number of bars on 2.0b2 is really low on my phone, almost always snowing 1 or none. But if you go into the actual network stats in Settings, the dBm is excellent and my % time with no signal is 0. Most of the time, when I have 1 bar, the reception in dBm is so good (-70 to -85) that my iPhone would have shown about seventeen bars.

dBm FTW!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones