• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh 2.0d and HTC Mail App killing memory

I have Fresh 2.0d

I have exchange activesync running and my HTC Mail app shows alot of memory being used. It was at about 35mb. My phone gave me a warning of low memory so I deleted some apps clearing about 6mb. Only an hour later my phone is out of memory again with HTC Mail using 41mb. Its growing whenever there is space avail to grow into. I have only my last 3 days of mail loading and only the headers. I get about 30-40 emails a day so that should not use up that much memory. I deleted the exchange account and still that much data is being used. Anyone know what is going on?

Aggressive and yes reboot.

Now this is what I did to solve the issue....I had to delete using titanium backup the mail.apk. I then went into the fresh2.0d zip file and pulled out the mail.apk file and reinstalled it. That cleared it. Now that is a temporary fix and I will see if it stays fixed or if it starts to stack up again. If it stacks up again, I will just have to keep redoing this process.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones