• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

fresh 2.0d - exchange calendar not syncing?

ignatz

Feb 10, 2010
I have recently gone up from Fresh 1.1 to Fresh 2.0d. Everything is working great, but for some reason Exchange items are not showing up in the calendar. The exchange calendar is selected in the calendar selection option. Items added to the phone calendar as exchange items are synced to my Outlook/Exchange calendar, so there is some communication going on. However, my calendar stubbornly refuses to display the Exchange items.

Anyone know why this might be? I can't figure it out...

What is the process for switching ROMs? Do I need to wipe again to be safe? I hope not. Unfortunately I can do without a lot, but I need my Exchange calendar to make sure I get to all my meetings on time!

Depends on what the dev says. To go to damage from fresh, He recommends a wipe. Usually tells what you have to do wherever you get the download link

;)

Upvote 0
What is the process for switching ROMs? Do I need to wipe again to be safe? I hope not. Unfortunately I can do without a lot, but I need my Exchange calendar to make sure I get to all my meetings on time!

I always do a nandroid back up...then i do a full wipe ....I don't like flashing over ROM's at all because eventually something from the ROM you had running before will give the new updated ROM some sort of issue..

and I hate dealing with issues.......

Upvote 0
I wiped and switched over tonight, but it didn't resolve the problem! Still not getting proper updating in the calendar, symptoms appear exactly the same. Everything else works fine. Any other reasons why this could be? It's going to really hamper me not to have my calendar update.

Upvote 0
Yep, using the latest. Did a full wipe and installed it clean. Not sure why I'm having problems, though I have since seen posts on xda where others are mentioning problems with the calendar in the 2.1 ROMs, and some have gone back to 1.5 for that reason.

I went up to 2.1 to get better bluetooth support for Google Listen, but if I can't straighten out these calendar issues I'll have to downgrade... I have to have the calendar sync for work. The strange thing is that it works from phone to Exchange but not the other direction.

Upvote 0
Just tried again with no love! Did a full wipe and dalvik wipe and reinstalled DC2.08. Can't get the calendar to sync... On the sync settings page Mail and Contacts sync fine. Calendar tries to sync for a long time (several minutes) and finally shows a "connection socket timeout". I'll have to backpedal to 1.5 for now...

Upvote 0
D'oh! Tracked down the problem today! My exchange server calendar was too full. When I deleted most of the old entries through Outlook, my Hero synced with no problem. My calendar size grows quickly, esp as I get a lot of meeting requests with large files attached. I had gone all the way back to unrooted before I figured it out! Now I'm back on DC2.08 and it's all working fine.

Thanks for the help here...

Reactions: DFRESH
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones