• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh 2.0d is too SLOW

I just rooted my phone for the first time and installed 2.0d, and I can't believe how nice it runs. My only issue so far is that using vanilla is real slow for me. Haven't seen anyone else mention this but I like HTC Sense more... just wanted to see the live wallpaper in action.

Way to go! Welcome to the root club. :)
I noticed this as well, for the same reason. I just wanted to check out LWP, noticed it was slow and switch right back.

I was wondering if I can uninstall the LWPs included with 2.0d. They don't take up a lot of room but every KB counts. :D

Upvote 0
Oh, wow, that was simple. The reason the Vanilla/Launcher was going so slow was simply because a widget failed to load properly. Once I shut it down everything worked just fine, including the wallpaper. The Google maps one is a little slow but it was showing the satellite images.

I'll tell you what though, this has caused me to really appreciate the HTC Sense because even without the live wallpaper I still prefer it with all its widget's and home pinch'n stuff. :)

Upvote 0
is it in the market?

Looked, can't find it anywhere. Would you mind uploading? I'd like to give it a try.

OK backup before hand. This is a zip file that needs to be flashed from recovery. This is working for me under 2.0d. For some reason under 2.0d when I install it it seems to install it twice (weird), might be my setup with the app2sd and titanium backup (somewhere causing a problem). If it does that for you, you can easily uninstall the android keyboard and then you will notice you will only have one android keyboard. Regardless I highly recommend it. Texting speed is really fast, the prediction doesnt seem as good as the HTC (really close though) but the speed of texting more than makes up for it. Please let me know what you think:

StkKB_Voice2txt_signed.zip

Upvote 0
just like i would when i flashed the 2.0d. is there a limit to the amount of keyboards? i see 2 different ones on this page? stock, and the stock with voice? go to recovery, flash the keyboard, reboot?

try em both...see which one you like, and go with it.

<EDIT>

ALWAYS DO A NANDROID BEFORE YOU FLASH ANYTHING TO YOUR PHONE!

Sorry, forgot to mention that part ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones