• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh 2.0d VS Damageless 2.07

is it hard to switch between the 2? i know how to flash fresh...is it pretty much the same for DC?

i'd like to give it a try, but i hate having to download all apps and set up my screens again :(

Use titanium backup -- paid version restores all apps and data and even restores your desktop and market links....so easy. No need to set up everything all over again...Who has the time or patience!!!! And no...i have no connection to the developer...just found something that solved the problem of having to re-do everything and thought I'd share:)

Upvote 0
Trying out fresh 2.0d for a few days now and its definitely a great ROM, few kinks here and there that I managed to find work arounds for. Just wish my battery life was a little better. Feels like everyone was stating how much better their battery was and I haven't experienced that. I tried all the fixes, nothing has quite fixed it tho. Too scared to try the radio flash..

Upvote 0
I haven't seen one bit of difference between the two regarding performance.

that's because the benchmark tests flipz did show both within a little bit of each other regarding performance, so there isn't really a performance difference between the two. I haven't used Fresh 2.0d, but I do know that DC 2.07.2 appears to be slower than 2.05 was, but I certainly haven't bothered to do any benchmarking tests of my own to show that for certain.

Upvote 0
Question fellas... Is Damageless more stable than Fresh? I noticed that Damageless has the Android Launcher removed and the UI menu for HTC Sense is slightly different with respect to the bar at the bottom. I was not sure why he left the some of the stock apps loaded as well. I have been running fresh though I want to get rid of some of this keyboard lag and I know for a fact I did not run into this problem with Damageless. Thoughts?

Upvote 0
Question fellas... Is Damageless more stable than Fresh? I noticed that Damageless has the Android Launcher removed and the UI menu for HTC Sense is slightly different with respect to the bar at the bottom. I was not sure why he left the some of the stock apps loaded as well. I have been running fresh though I want to get rid of some of this keyboard lag and I know for a fact I did not run into this problem with Damageless. Thoughts?

It seems that each ROM has its fans, and what works for some doesn't work as well for others. My experience has been that DamageControl has been more stable and more efficient than Fresh 2.0d was.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones