• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh 2.1.1 is really good

Im getting random blank screens with SU at the top. Also the touch screen is non responsive at times. Using the deodorant ball will usually get things going again. I flashed on a stock 1.5 rom. Would not using 1.2.3 cause these problems?

Also most live wallpapers are not working.

make sure debugging is checked under setting/app/development

i would flash to recovery 1.62 alot nicer

Upvote 0
Kinda mad that it wasn't it already there, I mean I only used it to show off and for fun but I guess I have to find it again. Anyone know where I can update my abd? mine is apparently out of date and thus I can't go into.recovery. I actually flashed 2.1.1 by manually rooting then flashing

I know what you mean. I didn't really use it except to show off too. I can still reply to sms and voice search though, which is what I really use. Just started using swype too. Took me a little while to learn how to use it but now don't think I could live without it. It's great!

Upvote 0
what is swype?

Have you seen that commercial where they used an Android Phone to break the worlds record for texting... with 5 seconds to spare? That was Swype. Instead of touching each letter to spell a word. you drag your finger from letter to letter. It knows based on what letters you went through, what word you wanted to type. it's a little strange at first, but soon you'll understand why we love it. there's a thread in these forums titled Swype that has a link to the APK. or you can get shapewritter from the market. it's almost as good as Swype.

Upvote 0
Got mine up and going. So far so good. I have enough live wallpapers working to make me happy and its a good bit faster than 1.5. Installed launcher pro and Beautiful widgets. Its like a new phone.

Its enough to make me forget about the EVO i really shouldn't be buying right now, but who knows how that will work out lol. Gonna donate to flipz on payday. Fresh kitchen is very nice.

Upvote 0
I went back to 2.0d, 2.0d displayed much more flash content than 2.1.1, the only benefits I saw of the 2.1.1 was faster keyboard and better facebook sync, along with more internal space. But the loss of VtoT and less flash is a huge downer... plus LWP's weren't working for me, unless I'm suppose to download ANOTHER file to make it work

Upvote 0
Are you referring to the microphone button on the keyboard? Fresh had added a special keyboard in 2.0d that he didn't include in 2.1.1. Just do a search on the "other" site. Then add it the usual way.

I'm a noob who has just rooted. Can you please direct to this "other" site, so that I can get that microphone button on my keyboard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones