• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh 2.1 the best?

Hi everyone. Been stalking phandroid for a good 6 months. Made my decision to pick up my hero based on all the forum posts i've read. Had him for about 2 months now and I love that little guy!! I am still on 1.5 btw....

Anyhoo. I think I am finally ready to root. *drum roll*

I've been reading up on all the different roms out there and I am thinking about trying them all! I just kind of want to see how they all perform. Although I realize that will be a lot of annoying re-flashing over and over.

Long story short, and finally to my question. Are the roms ultimately personal preference or is Fresh2.1 the end all be all? Any other roms do things that fresh doesn't? How does it compare with stock 2.1? I've been reading as much as I can but I just wanted to see what the hero community had to say.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones