• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh 2.3.3 Released

Could someone link me to a walkthrough on how to do the required data wipe before installing the Rom?

I'm not sure what "ext" is in relation to the SD card and I'm pretty sure my card is formatted Fat32...

This is one of those things where being "almost exact" gets me a brick for a phone.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
got fresh 2.3.3 flashed and up and running... putting it thru its paces.... and it runs smooth and has a speed boost over fresh 2.1.2. Dont expect a speed demon like zen or any overclocked rom, but a very solid rom. will keep it on for a few days to see the battery life.

What was the post-install memory left? In Fresh Hero 2.3.2 I want to say the memory free was around 85MB. Is this one about the same?

Upvote 0
Hmmm... I had a weird experience so far... I was up and working fine until I set up my exchange account. After I set it up the phone rebooted and got stuck in a boot loop. Tried pulling the battery with the same result. Had to nandroid back... can anyone confirm? I did set my gmail account up first. Wiped factory/ and cache fyi.

**UPDATE**

If you setup an exchange account and got the boot loop... Rewipe and download lockpicker app from the market. The only work around so far I guess. Thanks for the info "Random."

Reactions: Syphon
Upvote 0
i had 90mb of free space but i flashed it over 2.1.2 and the only problem i had was that i didnt get friendstream, call mom, etc except for fresh upddater. so i flashed it again (not over 2.1.2) but now when i have the htc widget clocl with weather, it just says my location with time, no weather. and on the weather widget, it cant find my city!! grrr but it has all the cities around me but not mine and i did not have this problem with 2.1.2 and its no biggie but very annoying and i did reset my phone and everything, any ideas on how to fix it? i love 2.3 though, dont get me wrong especially the 270 degree rotation which is a godsend lol but i can finally uodate my profile and prl lol

Upvote 0
Can we flash over or should we wipe?

Go to the link in the beginning of this thread, read it and you will find this at the bottom:

"What to expect / how to flash it / READ THIS :
  • Download and copy the zip to the root of your sdcard
  • Reboot to RA and do a data wipe / factory reset (REQUIRED)
  • You may also need to wipe sd:ext if you are having troubles booting.
  • If you are running Fresh Toast and ext4 then you

Upvote 0
I flashed it and I have more memory available than I did with 2.1.2. Everything works great but I can't find Launcher Pro for some reason. It's not listed in the Apps list.

I don't believe Launcher Pro will show up in the apps list. You'll need a way to switch to another home screen. I use Home Switcher, avail. in the market.

Reactions: Dr Evil
Upvote 0
I'm so happy with the way my phone runs right now with Fresh 2.1.2 after going in and taking soooo much stuff off my phone. I think I'm gonna stick with 2.1.2 for a while, Eventually i might go to 2.3.3. I like the idea of haptic feedback for dialing, but not enough to have to go back in and get rid of all the apps that i've taken off of the phone now and then readd everything onto the phone and try to get it all set back up the way i want it. Yea...

Upvote 0
Can we flash over or should we wipe?

Go to the link in the beginning of this thread, read it and you will find this at the bottom:

"What to expect / how to flash it / READ THIS :

[*]Download and copy the zip to the root of your sdcard
[*]Reboot to RA and do a data wipe / factory reset (REQUIRED)
[*]You may also need to wipe sd:ext if you are having troubles booting.
[*]If you are running Fresh Toast and ext4 then you’ll need to partition back to ext3 if you want to use apps2sd
[*]Pick flash zip from sdcard and select fresh-hero*.zip
[*]After it finishes flashing reboot. Expect the first boot up to take a while.
[*]If it boot loops over and over (you keep hearing the startup sound) then you didn’t wipe everything.
[*]When the phone boots and comes to the user setup screen I would recommend syncing your google account right away. I noticed an old bug creep back in where it gets stuck during sync. This seems to be avoided by adding your google account during setup.
[*]The more social networking stuff you have setup (Facebook, twitter, friendstream, etc) the less battery life you will get. These programs do not have a “push” function and work by checking every single one of your contacts to see if they have an update."

I know how to do it. It was a simple question. A simple yes or no would have sufficed but thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones