1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Fresh 2.3.3 Released

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mysticmead, Jul 5, 2010.

1. jcj77d

jcj77d Well-Known Member

what rom do you have

Advertisement

2. Joehunni

Joehunni Android Expert

Fresh 2.3.3, or at least I was, worked great and I'll be back to it soon enough.

3. jcj77d

jcj77d Well-Known Member

thanks, these custom roms are so confusing, compared to stock roms, there are so many add-ons for this froyo release, im just lost.

does it support full flash (10.1)?

so this rom automatically runs @ 710, or is it changeable?

4. Joehunni

Joehunni Android Expert

Not sure about flash but with that kernel it will scale up 710 when needed. I'd still setup overclock widget to scale between 245 and 710 as these kernels are kinda buggy still without an OC app.

jcj77d likes this.
  5. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands

I don't know if you can use setcpu, or overclock widget with this rom, I don't and it runs fine.

As far as flash is concerned, I have no idea if it is full flash or what....

jcj77d likes this.
  6. Joehunni

Joehunni Android Expert

If you don't flash the overclock kernel then don't try to overclock, it's actually counterproductive without the custom kernel.

jcj77d likes this.
  7. jcj77d

jcj77d Well-Known Member

i am using the overclock widget ATM, set at 528mhz.
    is there a overclock kernel that i can use w/ the sprint 2.1 (ver.5, not .6) rom?

im so lost looking at all these roms, b/c you got these color packs, etc, which is so confusing.

i have real bad adult ADHD, so i comprehend/learn better from visual stuff like vids, any vid links i can watch to understand how to install these custom roms, b/c the sprint RUU rom instructions were very step-by-step

8. Joehunni

Joehunni Android Expert

Are you rooted, if so, which rom are you using now?

9. mysticmead

mysticmead Android Expert

if you flash the CM 6.0 test4, then flash the current update http://mysticmead.com/hero/ubertesting-warning-catwillbeeaten-norefunds.zip you'll have a 5mp camera. no preview but the camera does work. use camera magic to get a preview. the video camera is still not working. MMS is fixed.. join teh WebIRC to find the latest daily build and to get any support on Froyo http://webirc.fossnet.info:9090/?channels=hero-cdma

jcj77d likes this.
  10. mysticmead

mysticmead Android Expert

11. hakujin

hakujin Android Enthusiast

anyone? I think i may have tried to remove peep previously as I can't find it now, and my facebok for htc sense in this rom is broke? could this in any way be related to peep?

further, if I just reinstall 2.3.3 on top of the existing 2.3.3 do i need to wipe data and if not, will all my programs settings remain in tact? i just wanna fix facebook for htc sense as i like it more than vanilla facebook.

PUHHHHLLEEAASSE help me... if i was a chica, I'd give a reach around. :eek:

12. Joehunni

Joehunni Android Expert

Lol to my knowledge peep is okay to remove, ive done it before and didnt notice any problems, but I don't use twitter at all. And facebook is broken for htc phones, just give it time.

13. jcj77d

jcj77d Well-Known Member

thanks, there is a rosie/htc sence flash image for this rom, correct?, i swear that i saw it in somebodies signature, but i cant find it now.

i think im gonna wait till this rom is 100% working, b/c many other friends say its buggy on their phones, so any estimate on when this rom will be completely finished?

Until then, is there an overclock kernel/image i can flash on my phone, running sprint 2.1 (.5, not .6) RUU, & already has a custom recovery image & rooted., like any of these [KERNEL][7/22/10]Darchstar's Overclocked Undervolted kernel for senseUI roms vUV 2 - xda-developers

14. Joehunni

Joehunni Android Expert

once you've flashed fresh or any other sense based rom you can flash one of these kernels to overclock and/or undervolt, that's what I'm doing now and it works great.

jcj77d likes this.
  15. jcj77d

jcj77d Well-Known Member

so which one should i use, b/c im running the stock Sprint 2.27.651.5 RUU not the 2.27.651.6 RUU, which he says they are based off of, b/c i dont want to brick my phone, & i want to stay under 710mhz

16. Joehunni

Joehunni Android Expert

I suggest using a Rom based on the .6 update as I find them to have less lag. I'd reccommend either of nfinite's roms or fresh 2.3.3, all of which are easily overclockable up to 768mhz.

jcj77d likes this.
  17. hakujin

hey joe, that FB problem persists into .5 as well as official 2.1.1 RU correct?

18. jcj77d

jcj77d Well-Known Member

i dont want to use the .6 update, b/c its patched so it cant be rooted, & want to stay w/ the stock sprint 2.1 (.5) RUU until a good froyo is released, i just want a overclock kernel that will work w/ my current stock rom

19. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

^Running a ROM, such as Fresh 2.3.3 is really no different than being stock.

Joehunni is referring to ROM's built off of the .6 update and NOT the .6 update on a stock phone. You will still retain root with a ROM built off of the .6 update. :)

Unfortunately, I'm not fluent enough with kernels to know if they'll work with you being rooted and not running a custom ROM.

jcj77d likes this.
  20. Joehunni

Joehunni Android Expert

^^ lol thanks for that. To my knowledge, you cannot simply flash an OC'ed kernel over the stock rom, I could be wrong but it sounds like it just shouldn't be. I'd suggest flashing Fresh 2.3.3 as it is just as stable as the stock 2.1 but with goodies like friendstream. This is also deodexed and zipaligned which helps it overall performance-wise and allows for custom mods.

21. Joehunni

Joehunni Android Expert

The way I understand it, all HTC phones are currently having problems with Facebook sync. I'm sure it won't take them long to correct this though.

22. jcj77d

jcj77d Well-Known Member

thanks, ill just wait for a froyo rom then

23. hakujin

FB for HTC Sense FIXED, at least for me... don't know if it had anything to do w/ that employment info fix (i don't think so), but all contacts syncing now.

24. Sixxx

Sixxx Android Enthusiast

I wish flipz would do a sense based froyo rom... *sigh*

25. jcj77d

jcj77d Well-Known Member

me too, but non-deodex'd & small like the others

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: