• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fresh 3.3.01 difficulties

Shadax

Jun 6, 2010
So I'm trying to take all this in but some of it is becoming extremely frustrating. For starters, I had to get a replacement phone which came with stock 2.2. In turn, I had to use Unrevoked 3.2.1 to root my phone and it's confusing as to whether or not this is a full root as some sites say Unrevoked does not nand unlock?

In any event, I did and I just wiped everything including cache and Delvic, flashed the rom, then flashed the kernel which I believed was Kings Kernel #9

It reads as 2.6.32.15-king-havs-OcUverik@Ubuntu #9

In any event, I've added SetCPU and Quadrant and I'm getting lower than the Nexus (about 1322) on the score. I've seen a video where someone hit almost 2000 and was using I believe CM6 and Snap Turbo.

Now I'm more concerned about battery life than anything, so I don't mind sticking with Fresh 3.3.0.1, but should I be able to get a higher score?

Lastly, I really miss LauncherPro. I could care less for having 7 screens and FriendStream and all kinds of garbage. I want simplistic, fast, and great on battery.

Any advice?

LauncherPro should still work. You might want to check out this app: Home Switcher - Android app on AppBrain

Ok I didn't realize I had to actually download LauncherPro. I thought it was something standard.

Anyhow, I can't download apps from the market place all of a sudden. I'm looking pretty cursed at the moment haha. Wow.

Is there any standard setting for SetCPU?

Upvote 0
Take a deep breath and calm down...:D

Looks like you have a good start. 1332 is about right for fresh....i've given up on trying to match those high numbers. i've found that I can set up certain combos to get that high but the phone doesn't really function stably...

I've also seen those numbers vary greatly. for example...I just ran mine and got 1284....I've gotten anywhere from 1130-1800 with no changes made to the phone

start with one thing at a time..get your launcher pro set up the way you want and then back it up in launcher pro's settings. use the rom and kernel for a bit then nand back up and maybe try a different rom/kernel combo and see how you like that...

it's really a matter of YOUR preferences...

I use the combo in my sig with set pcu overclocking to 1190 and underclocking to 245. for the most part I get 16hrs of battery life daily with heavy usage. The best part...everything is snappy, everything works.

some apps and activities drain the battery faster so battery life is going to vary from user to user. I had a day with signal issues that the battery only lasted about 5 hours...next day 18...

It really sounds like you may be trying to solve to many things at one time....take them on one at a time...be patient. It took me 3 weeks to find a combo I like (for now) :D

Upvote 0
Take a deep breath and calm down...:D

Looks like you have a good start. 1332 is about right for fresh....i've given up on trying to match those high numbers. i've found that I can set up certain combos to get that high but the phone doesn't really function stably...

I've also seen those numbers vary greatly. for example...I just ran mine and got 1284....I've gotten anywhere from 1130-1800 with no changes made to the phone

start with one thing at a time..get your launcher pro set up the way you want and then back it up in launcher pro's settings. use the rom and kernel for a bit then nand back up and maybe try a different rom/kernel combo and see how you like that...

it's really a matter of YOUR preferences...

I use the combo in my sig with set pcu overclocking to 1190 and underclocking to 245. for the most part I get 16hrs of battery life daily with heavy usage. The best part...everything is snappy, everything works.

some apps and activities drain the battery faster so battery life is going to vary from user to user. I had a day with signal issues that the battery only lasted about 5 hours...next day 18...

It really sounds like you may be trying to solve to many things at one time....take them on one at a time...be patient. It took me 3 weeks to find a combo I like (for now) :D

Thanks for the info. I'm calm now haha.

Market is working now, battery hasn't moved yet and it usually has by this point. I'm still holding my breath though to see what it's like later in the day.

I have Juice Defender but I can't really tell what it's doing exactly. And I have SetCPU set at about what you said.

My last gripe... sound effects. Is there anywhere to get cool sounds? I hope I'm not alone in saying that stock sounds are soooo boring and often downright annoying. I switched to Fresh from MIUI which had really nice alerts... I for some reason cannot find a repository of sound effects that aren't just low quality music and movie bites or fart noises.

Upvote 0
"I've also seen those numbers vary greatly. for example...I just ran mine and got 1284....I've gotten anywhere from 1130-1800 with no changes made to the phone "

I am not going to worry about it, but I haven't seen anything over 1000 :( I just ran mine and got 950~something.

I'm not running Fresh, but y'all were talking about Quadrant scores so I wanted to sneak in :)

Myn's Warm 2p2 Rls1
King's #11 kernel

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones