• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fresh 3.5 Out to Donors

I am new to this flashing rom thing and was thinking of putting on fresh but will wait til the new one is out. I have a question though. If I am reading this correct you can download and flash the rom first, and then with the updater flash the radio to the correct version, or does the radio have to be done first?

If I were to use the current version (3.4 I think) would I still need to worry about the radio?

Thanks

you should always flash the rom and then radios. yes after you flash the FRESH rom and boot it up go into your apps and you will find an app called fresh updater. open that and inside you will be able to download the radios.

on the current 3.4 you should not need any radio's as they are they same as the stock ones you have now.

Upvote 0
from 3.3 to 3.4 my battery life decreases at least 30% and it was extremely sluggish compared to his previous 3.3 and to Myn's

i agree. i stuck it out with 3.4 because i was hoping it would magically fix itself and i didn't want to mess around with my phone too much but i notice it feels slower. my battery life on it was horrendous with netarchy kernels (tried a few), then i went to stock and it was amazing for a few days and just recently started tanking (one day i got under 12 hrs, light use). i was just about to flash myn's but maybe i'll hold out and see how 3.5 is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones