1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Fresh evo 3.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lamboh, Jul 31, 2010.

1. barnacles

barnacles Android Enthusiast

Radios and ROMS are not packaged together.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JasonK75

JasonK75 Well-Known Member

You can still use the newest Fresh ROM without sense; flipz installs the newest version of Launcher Pro in the ROM. With that, you can disable sense and make some very cool docks and icons of your own. I just gave up sense now and kicking myself for not trying Launcher Pro earlier.

3. JasonK75

I was just going to say that! :)

Yeah, flash the radios again so that you have the newest ones.

4. barnacles

barnacles Android Enthusiast

I had my launcherpro days. I might go back. But after a while, I just wanted the simplicity of sense. The espresso launcher is sexy enough :D

5. JasonK75

Yeah, I'm going to miss the espresso launcher for a while as I get used to Launcher Pro dock.

6. ryan2202

ryan2202 Newbie

Good call! I knew there was LP and I didnt even think about just disabling sense and using LP instead. I might have to give it a shot :thumbup:

7. JasonK75

No problem!

It's been two days now and I haven't noticed any issues with the Fresh Froyo ROM at all! Loving it!!

8. autorail1

autorail1 Android Enthusiast

Is any one having issues with 4g on this. It could be me. Maybe I never updated the wimax?

9. Cache22

Cache22 Newbie

So far 4G has been doing better than ever ... after I flashed the ROM, I flashed the Radio Baseband 2.15.00.07.28 and then Wimax Radio 26023_r01 (with reboots in between each one.) Ran this speedtest last night, was able to hit similar speeds today from work (different tower and slightly lower signal strength) so doesn't seem to be just a fluke.

[​IMG]

10. autorail1

I think my wimax is broke is all. I installed it again and still nothing.

11. Cache22

Cache22 Newbie

Try searching xda-developers.com, I know there were a couple issues mentioned with 4G, but one thing that fixed an issue that some people had with an earlier ROM was to update Profile and PRL, and then with Root Explorer deleted the tree.xml file in /data/misc/wimax/ (which gets regenerated again.)

Not sure if that is gonna solve the problem you are having, but it's possible.

Update: Here's a thread with better details, maybe it can help: Easiest 4G Wimax Fix [Possibly] - xda-developers

12. mattpsx2

mattpsx2 Member

Holy balls that's fast. I can't get an accurate read on my 4g speed because the stupid thing automatically gives me a list of servers "closest" to me which is off the Sprint network somewhere in Kansas I'm assuming. And since I'm in Hawaii I think it throws things off.

13. Cache22

Cache22 Newbie

Not sure the best advice for testing from Hawaii, that is definitely going to cause some limitations ... I usually manually pick from some servers I know to be consistent, one that seems to do pretty well from St. Louis is to Germantown, Wisconsin, despite being farther from me than quite a few others. I originally used that server after getting 60mbit cable at home, and it was pretty consistent and accurate compared to some servers closer to me so have remembered it. But either way, when trying for more accuracy, I try a favored server as well as a couple random other servers just to see if there is a big variance. (And make sure a server isn't misreporting on the high-side either.)

14. mattpsx2

mattpsx2 Member

Yeah, at the very least I wanted to try a server in California, but I guess it automatically gives the best option within the range of the source.

15. TF1984

TF1984 Android Enthusiast

I am enjoying the ROm.

16. autorail1

When I revert back to another rom on 2.1 I have no issue with 4g.

17. mattpsx2

mattpsx2 Member

Apparently the official release is today. Won't be available on FreshUpdater though so just keep your eyes peeled on xda

18. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

I was elated to sit down at my desk this morning and see the email from flipz. I was then instantly aggravated, because right before I opened my laptop, I had just restored to the rooted stock 2.2 from over at XDA. Luckily 3.0 b2 was still on my SD card.

Story aside, I am on 3.0b3 now, and have not had a FC yet. Sense is not launching from the camera if I accidentally hit the search key, I have voice dialing from my BT headset and car kit :) and Battery life is acceptable thus far. I have noticed that iheartradio doesn't work, it just sits there and buffers on wifi or EVDO, no wimax for me :( .

19. autorail1

Final was just released. Just got an email.

20. autorail1

Ok I figured out why 4g stopped working. I added a the froyo kernel and that killed it. What kernels are you guys using to OC and still get 4g

21. ryan2202

ryan2202 Newbie

Well, took the plunge back to Fresh just now. But how to I get rid of sense and use Launcher Pro instead? I dont see any widgets or apps for LP anywhere.

Regardless, working smooth as butter, even with sense (as expected with Fresh Roms). Havent tried all the features yet but everything I need so far is working fine.

Also, glad to see the Final release is out. Ill get that flashed later tonight.

22. JasonK75

Go into Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applicatins > All > HTC Sense and then hit Clear Defaults. Then hit the home key and select Launcher Pro.

23. NewbieX2

NewbieX2 Member

It's out for public release, people! Get it while it's hot!

24. JasonK75

I noticed today that my battery is being chewed up by something; has anyone else noticed this at all? I'm not at home so I'm not sure how to check what is keeping the battery running some much.

I'm going to reboot the phone and see if the code needs to settle down a bit.

25. scrface

scrface Well-Known Member

Ok a little help....I'm running fresh on 2.1 and going to update to the new fresh with froyo and have a few questions

1. What do I have to do to update? I used the simple 3 step method....if I want to update do I do the same thing or a little different?

2. What will I lose? Will my settings and apps stay or just my sd card?

3. Froyo ota came out is it confirmed this is the exact same build everyone had been using for days our different

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews