• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1 now available (based off official 2.2 OTA)

Do you need to have previous root?
Never rooted before and did ota..

Would like to know this too, but I've done some reading and it looks as though there still isn't a root for 2.2..

yes...you must have root in order to install the rom.

as of now, there is no root for 2.2 (but im sure there will be soon enough)

Upvote 0
is this a rooted version of the new ota, or is this stock 2.2 with his add ons?

alternative does not compute. theres no 'add ons' without rooting strictly speaking. Its a rooted version of the new OTA. Combined with netarchy's froyoized 3.7.6b kernel, it is marvelous. 55FPS on FPS2D, 13FPS on nenamark1, 44mflops on linpack.

The only downer is wifi tether is not working as of yet.

Upvote 0
alternative does not compute. theres no 'add ons' without rooting strictly speaking. Its a rooted version of the new OTA. Combined with netarchy's froyoized 3.7.6b kernel, it is marvelous. 55FPS on FPS2D, 13FPS on nenamark1, 44mflops on linpack.

The only downer is wifi tether is not working as of yet.

And when he does get it to work im gonna be on this ROM like i a fat kid on a biscuit :D

O NVM i got a itchy trigger finger...Flashing the ROM Now:cool:

Upvote 0
Ummm my wifi tethering is working fine....got my ps3 hooked up now...Did a speed test on the PS3 Browser...

ec3d375b.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones