• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh Kitchen / Root Explorer removing files

SUSHIMAN808

Lurker
Mar 15, 2010
I have already remove some Sprint applications using Fresh Kitchen. However in my settings/applications/manage applications page, I still see a few apps that I cannot remove like SprintTV Widget and Flickr.

I also loaded Root Explorer and wanted to try and remove some app/files that are cluttering my Hero.

Any suggestions what I can remove, some stuff in the manage application page?

also looking for the folder that has the stock Sprint ringtones, I don't use them and want to remove also.

what rom are you using? usually the ringtones can be found in /system/media/audio/ringtones/... as for removing sprintv and flickr, use adb and remove them at /system/app/ or /data/app/

using 2.1 ROM without the updrade, and thanks for the ringtone info!

and now that I you told me where thoese two files are, can't I just use root explorer and delete those files?

Upvote 0
using 2.1 ROM without the updrade, and thanks for the ringtone info!

and now that I you told me where thoese two files are, can't I just use root explorer and delete those files?
In Root Explorer, when you get to the folder/directory where the file is stored, look up at the top. If it says "Mouted as r/o", it means the file properties are read only. There's the grey button next to it that should say "Mount R/W". Tapping it will give you read/write permission so you can remove the file.

If this works for you, don't forget to remount back to read only before exiting.

Upvote 0
In Root Explorer, when you get to the folder/directory where the file is stored, look up at the top. If it says "Mouted as r/o", it means the file properties are read only. There's the grey button next to it that should say "Mount R/W". Tapping it will give you read/write permission so you can remove the file.

If this works for you, don't forget to remount back to read only before exiting.

dude... you are the man! awesome info and straight foward direction!

I just deleted the files and gained some MB's.
(moved the audio files to my SD card)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones