1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Fresh Kitchen / Root Explorer removing files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SUSHIMAN808, Aug 28, 2010.

1. SUSHIMAN808

SUSHIMAN808 New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    I have already remove some Sprint applications using Fresh Kitchen. However in my settings/applications/manage applications page, I still see a few apps that I cannot remove like SprintTV Widget and Flickr.

I also loaded Root Explorer and wanted to try and remove some app/files that are cluttering my Hero.

Any suggestions what I can remove, some stuff in the manage application page?

also looking for the folder that has the stock Sprint ringtones, I don't use them and want to remove also.

Advertisement

2. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    SF
    what rom are you using? usually the ringtones can be found in /system/media/audio/ringtones/... as for removing sprintv and flickr, use adb and remove them at /system/app/ or /data/app/

3. SUSHIMAN808

SUSHIMAN808 New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    using 2.1 ROM without the updrade, and thanks for the ringtone info!

and now that I you told me where thoese two files are, can't I just use root explorer and delete those files?

4. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    SF
    i tried to use root explorer to delete those files but it didn't allow me to so i had to use adb and remove them. you can try with root explorer tho.

5. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    In Root Explorer, when you get to the folder/directory where the file is stored, look up at the top. If it says "Mouted as r/o", it means the file properties are read only. There's the grey button next to it that should say "Mount R/W". Tapping it will give you read/write permission so you can remove the file.

If this works for you, don't forget to remount back to read only before exiting.

6. SUSHIMAN808

SUSHIMAN808 New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    dude... you are the man! awesome info and straight foward direction!

I just deleted the files and gained some MB's.
    (moved the audio files to my SD card)

Tags: