• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FRG83D update missing apps and market now

Smooze

Feb 22, 2010
My update was waiting for me this morning when I got up so I installed it while getting ready. Here I am an hour later with the chance to play around and see what if anything has changed and noticed my Handcent icon had changed on my desktop. I press it to open and it says "Application not installed on your phone" so I delete the icon from my home screen and go to open the market to reinstall the program... Market logo is not the same logo and when I press on it to open the app I get the same "Application not installed on your phone"

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how the heck I'm gonna get the Market back?!?

According to the people at VZW this morning I'm the only one they know of thus far who had this kind of problem, go figure. Hard reset here I come. This phone has been a PITA every time I let it upgrade, you'd think I'd of learned my lesson after the first two updates! Oh well... it happens I guess

Upvote 0
Verizon has several problems on their network this morning. It wasn't missed calls but some internet sites could not be reached on some phones. The market could well have been part of this. There was a story on this on CNN. If your phone has straightened out you may have been one of those affected.

I did an OTA update at about 6 am this morning and had no problem other than needing to reload my WeatherBug widget. Can't notice any changes yet. I'll keep looking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones