1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Friend can't get 4G/Other Issue

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Kreek, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Kreek

Kreek Lurker

Hello everyone! I have a friend who has the T Mobile My Touch Q Smart Phone and is having some issues with it. They have the full data plan and such, with it being a smart phone, however they can't connect to 4G very often, if at all. Now I'm aware this could be a coverage issue, but I was wondering in the event it wasn't, what could be the issue? My second question is that the also can't receive or send picture/video messages. Does anyone know what could be the issue there?

Thanks!
    Kreek

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

First off welcome to the forums :)

I would suggest to get into contact with T-Mobile and ask them about their 4G issues. You could also ask them about getting signal boosters...etc.

This to me, feels like the main culprit here.

Kreek likes this.
  3. Kreek

Kreek Lurker

Ok thanks for your help! I'll be sure to mention this to them.

4. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

If he simply transferred an old SIM card into a new phone that could be it. For best data speed and connectivity always use a fairly recent SIM. T-Mobile will give him one free.

For poor signal strength at home T-Mobile will provide a free booster. I've had one for years. Dial 611 and ask for customer retention dept.

For MMS trouble dial 611 and ask for tech support.

5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

I was going to suggest a booster but didn't know if T-Mobile had them, thanks!