• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Friend Isn't Receiving Texts

Hi!
A friend of mine hasn't been receiving my texts. She's an iPhone user, and lives across the country, but I feel like that shouldn't be the reasoning, as my brother lives around the same area, also with an iPhone, and always receives my texts. All my other friends with iPhones receive them, actually.

Could anyone please help us figure out why this is only a problem between the two of us?

First thing to check is that she hasn't accidentally blacklisted your number (if iPhones have that option).

The usual problem with iPhones is in the other direction: someone changes from iPhone to something else and can no longer receive messages from their iPhone-owning friends (because their iPhones are still trying to send iMessages rather than SMS, and iMessage is an Apple-only protocol). Sending messages to them isn't generally a problem.

So more information might help. Has this recently started, and did either of you change phones or networks at the time it began? Are you sending standard SMS or some other sort of message (MMS or one of the many internet-based message apps)? Can you receive messages from her? Can you phone her (if neither phone nor text is working that changes the problem)? What message app are you using? Sorry for all the questions, but if we know in detail what does and does not work that may help someone identify the cause.

Upvote 0
No no, that's totally okay!

She always uses SMS while texting she said, as do I. It seems to work on and off for the two of us, as she sent me a text this morning seeing if it was working then, and it did just fine. She's the only one here who isn't receiving texts, and that I do get all of hers. I changed phones last summer, but even than I had an ancient Galaxy Ace iix (which always worked just fine). I never changed carriers, and she hasn't either.

We can call each other just fine as well.

Though I could be wrong, and that we're just noticing now, this has been going on for maybe two or three months tops. We just discovered the problem this has been the other night officially though when she messaged me on Facebook asking why I've been ignoring her texts.

Sorry this is sort of jambled, and I hope this sort of helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones