1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Friend Sream - not showing posts from FB but the facebook app does

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mattrobo, Jul 25, 2011.

1. mattrobo

mattrobo Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    Hi all,

Done a google search.
    Have a brand new first time android phone called HTC Sensation. It has an app called "Friend Stream" when I log into Facebook it only shows about 60% of my friends posts. When I open the Facebook app they are all there as are they on my main computer.

I like the "slide" function and the ability to see the information but not if it is not showing it all.

Does anyone have any idea why i am missing some key friends posts?

also I only have 50 friends.. they are real friends I communicate with. Its not like those people who have 2000000000000 friends.

It has never worked and the phone is 2 weeks old.

thanks all for reading and helping,

Advertisement

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I have the same problem with my HTC Desire Z. I found that some of my contacts/friends did not show up. When I try to look at their Facebook profile in FriendStream or HTC Contacts, I get some error saying I do not have proper permissions. Then after several days, those contacts that did not show up before, all show up. However, if I do something like reboot the phone, the same contacts are missing again for several days.

This all changed since the last firmware update I got on my phone. FriendStream no longer shows those contacts even after several days. Also, the FriendStream full-screen widget no longer automatically updates once I turn to it on my home screen. I had to tap on the refresh bar. I haven't been able to find a fix for it.

I pretty much just use Facebook now.

The other problem is that other FB-like apps also do not show these same contacts. FriendCaster has the same missing contacts and posts as FriendStream. Only Facebook (the app) shows everything.

3. mattrobo

mattrobo Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    seems like all the apps I tried that use the API have the same problem.

Ah well I am going over to Google Plus anyway due to the FB spam!

4. mattrobo

mattrobo Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    Can anyone help?