• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Friend Stream broken

oswynh

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
I got an HTC Desire recently which I haven't rooted yet or made any major modifications to. For a few weeks, the Friend Stream widget was working fine but now it is broken :mad:

It doesn't show any updates ("no recent updates") and if I click on the arrow in the top right corner (which I think takes you to the full Friend Stream app??), it thinks for a while and then I receive a message that process com.htc.friendstream has stopped unexpectedly.

Is there any way to get this working again? Are there any logs anywhere that could point me to what is causing the process to crash?

I had this happen to me the other day, i restarted, ripped the battery out and tried everything i knew!!

Then i had an idea to remove my Facebook account from my Friendstream and suddenly my Tweets started flooding in as per normal and then i readded my Facebook and i suddenly everything was all fine and working Aok as they say.

I removed my Facebook to do this but it might work with removing Twitter first i don't know but i haven't had any issues since.

Hope this fixes it for you.

Reactions: oswynh
Upvote 0
Aha! Simple fix. Go into settings - accounts and sync. Select Facebook then remove account. Go back to your friendstream and hit refresh, if you have twitter and flickr then you will get updates. Then go back into settings - accounts and sync then add your Facebook details again.

Downside is you have to link your Facebook contacts to your phone contacts again, if you like that.

Upvote 0
one issue with the friendstream with crashing is certain facebook posts....

some linked posts or I dunno location style linking apps that people use in the status's on facebook seem to crash it the moment you scroll near them....happened to me a couple month back and I found out it was a post my fianc

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones