1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Friend Stream not auto syncing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dondula, Feb 18, 2011.

1. dondula

dondula Lurker
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Anyone else's Facebook Friend Stream widget not auto updating? Everything is sent to sync every 8 hours, but it does not auto sync for some reason. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to Android Forums, dondula.

One remedy with a lot of reports of success when it comes to most syncing issues, is to go into the application manager for syncing apps/widgets and clear the cache then reboot, as the first try.

The second try is to do the same thing but also clear data, then reboot. Clearing data sometimes causes the app to need to be reconfigured, that is why it is left alone at first to see if cache clearing is enough to wash away the non-syncing issue.

This goes for Facebook, Gmail, Weather Bug, Twitter, etc.

Menu > settings > applications > manage applications > menu > sort by "all." After it all loads on the list, click each app individually and start cleaning up. ;)

snilloconator likes this.
  3. dondula

dondula Lurker
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Thanks for the response! I've tried all that you suggested and the friend stream widget still wont auto update, its just really weird because all my other ones do just fine. I hope I don't have to do a hard reset, takes so long to set everything back up. Thanks for the help though.