1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Friend Stream widget wont update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sitlet, Aug 25, 2010.

1. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    I have the large Friend Stream widget on one of my home screens. I only use it for twitter updates, I use the facebook app for facebook. I have it set to never sync, as I dont want it syncing in the background. When I want to check it, I'll just refresh it, and everything loads just fine.

Since yesterday morning, it wont update any tweets. I manually hit refresh many times, I can see the 3g data loading, but nothing happens. I removed the widget, and re-added it, and that still didnt help. I can go to the twitter site in the browser just fine, and see all the updates. Anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisement

2. uncwmark

uncwmark New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    I'm having this same problem... ANYBODY HELP!?

3. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    A day after I made this thread, it started working just fine. But of course, today it goes out on me. Hasen't updated since yesderday afternoon, even if I manually update it. It seems to download all the data, it just wont show it.

4. jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Top Flight Security of the world
    Phoenix AZ
    check you account syncs in the settings of ur phone?

5. thumperyz69

thumperyz69 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    My problem is similar in that the Friendstream is not updating but all the updates are coming in thru the Text app. :thinking:

6. Darkshear

Darkshear Active Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Someone mentioned in another thread earlier today that Twitter changed they way they authenticate......breaking Friendstream's Twitter updates. But I didn't personally look in to it.

7. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    ChiTown
    htc tweeted that they are aware of the friendstream problem, and are working on it.

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    this

9. telboy

telboy Member

Nov 23, 2010
    I take it HTC still havent found a remedy for this. It's a pain having to use seperate apps for fb and twitter, Considering it's one of the main selling points for HTC Sense

Tags: