• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Friend Stream

t1jordan

Android Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2009
Baltimore
Whenever I use the FRIEND STREAM widget to update my Facebook status, I get an error. It says " Unable to update Facebook at this time ". But I can leave a comment. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I think this is a good widget. I would like to use it. Is anybody else experiencing this issue? I am open for suggestions.

Recently I've been seeing this issue too. I have to open the facebook app if I want to post something. I tried logging out of the facebook app to test if the friend stream was having trouble communicating over the logged in facebook app... but the problem still remains.
Im not sure what to do? Maybe I should contact Sprint or HTC about it.

Upvote 0
Recently I've been seeing this issue too. I have to open the facebook app if I want to post something. I tried logging out of the facebook app to test if the friend stream was having trouble communicating over the logged in facebook app... but the problem still remains.
thanks for responding, Im going to contact HTC and Sprint about it.

Reactions: B-Ran
Upvote 0
I am having a problem with FB via FriendStream as well. I don't get FB updates from friends, only Twitter updates. Unless I manually click update, the FB updates do NOT come through on the scheduled basis.
I emailed HTC about this. Their response:
Dear Brent Pierce,

Thank you for contacting HTC about your Sprint Evo. I understand you are having difficulty using the Friendstream with Facebook. Let's take a closer look at that application. If you go into settings and tap on Accounts and Sync, do you see Facebook for HTC Sense? You may need to reset this. You'd need to remove the account, restart your phone, and try to sign in again. So long as your Facebook for HTC Sense account is signed in, status updates should come through automatically. I would let Facebook for HTC Sense try to synchronize for a few minutes if you have many friends. Try going into the status and updates page of a Facebook contact. Does any status appear when you refresh? This will also appear on your Friendstream. If nothing happens, you may need to go so far as to reset the device to manufacturer settings. Please make sure all data is saved before we reset the device. Once your personal data is backed up, you can go into your Settings, tap on Privacy, and Factory Data Reset. This will reinstall the applications used with this feature and correct any issue the software had.

Basically he said to log OUT of FB for HTC Sense. Then restart phone, log IN to FB for HTC Sense and see if that starts the periodic updates for FB. I didn't try this, because I didn't want to lose all my contact from Facebook and possible screw something else up more. But, if this problem really bothers you, you could try that.

Reactions: t1jordan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones