1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

FriendCaster

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by UKCatFan, Jun 9, 2011.

1. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    I am giving it a try over the standard FB app, but have a serious problem. It is not showing me some posts and other info as well on at least one person. I found out because that person is my wife! I can see her stuff on the standard app, the mobile site, the touch site, and the regular page. Any ideas why this app cannot see it? Could she have blocked it or something?

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    I use friendcaster and can see my husband's page. He just recently started using it too. Maybe there is something in her regular fb page security settings?

3. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    I can see her wall. I just cannot see her posts on it. All I can see is stuff other people posted to it. It probably is happening on more than just her, but I knew she posted something and then i didn't see it.

4. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    BTW, she does not have a smartphone.

5. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Just figured out that it is more than my wife missing. Anyone heard of this problem? I like the app, but only if i can give the standard one the boot.

6. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    From what I read you need to keep the fb android app too cause it gains access through that app. But that was when the app first came out so maybe it has changed

7. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Shameless bump. Anyone experienced this?

8. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Well,I have given up on FriendCaster for now. I also discovered that not all posts are showing up in the standard app. It is even showing me some by a person and not others. Very strange and not consistent between the two apps. I am going to leave it installed in hopes that it gets better with the supposed update coming soon. I am just going to use the touch site until then.

9. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I am experiencing this as well. It appears to be a similar problem I had with FriendStream for my HTC. For some reason, HTC Sense does not seem to sync up a few of my contacts properly. When on FriendStream, I cannot see their wall posts. FriendCaster seems to feed off FriendStream and anything missing in FriendStream is missing in FriendCaster as well.

I do notice that I get alerts through FriendCaster as I set it up to notify via Gmail. When I get the notification and try to open up the post, I get an error indicating that there is an issue with permissions. If I go to my HTC contacts, I find that I cannot access those contacts' info page. I get barely any information. For those contacts whose posts I can see, I get way more information.

When I had this issue with FriendStream before, I find that after a week, these contacts mysteriously work again and I can see their wall post on FriendStream. I'm not sure exactly what I did to make it work again.

What I'm going to do is continue to use both for now. FriendCaster has enough features that I want to keep it around. It also handles my notifications well and deletes my notification emails so as not to clutter up my Gmail inbox. I'll probably use the Facebook for viewing posts and FriendCaster to check likes and other features that the Facebook app does not have.

By the way, I am using an HTC Desire Z, standard non-rooted.