• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Friends droid won't boot up... Help please!

330D

From My Cold Dead Hands
Mar 4, 2010
upstate NY
HI all droid peeps! I am a sprint hero owner, but a good friend knows I'm a phone geek and has a droid. This morning he couldn't boot his phone up. Any body have any ideas Or suggestions on what he can do besides take it to verizon? He will if he has to, but I didn't know if anyone else has had an issue like this before, and can help....

Thanks in advance!

Thanks guys. It was charged all night.

It won't turn on at all. no screens, No moto "m" nothing...

He also knows enough to try a battery pull, but nothing after that either. It seems to be totally unfunctioning

sounds like his phone is just not charged. For some reason sometimes they just act weird in terms of charging. I would pull the battery out for like a half hour then put it back plug it in a wall charger not a pc for a few hours. If it still doesnt work then its done and he will need to hit verizon

Reactions: 330D
Upvote 0
sounds like his phone is just not charged. For some reason sometimes they just act weird in terms of charging. I would pull the battery out for like a half hour then put it back plug it in a wall charger not a pc for a few hours. If it still doesnt work then its done and he will need to hit verizon

He tried his wifes Battery a couple minutes ago. It worked. Apparently he has to go get his battery warranteed.... Thank you guys for your help!

Upvote 0
Apparently, my friend is an idiot. He plugged his phone in last night but it did not charge. We found out when my wife, trying to help, brought it to verizon and left it for them to look at. An hour later, when she picked it up, the tech told her that J must have a bad charger, because they charged it for 30 min and all is well. Just wanted to thank you guys again for your help...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones