1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Friends Stream not updating...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alhenderson, Sep 7, 2011.

1. alhenderson

alhenderson Well-Known Member

Evening All,

In the last couple of weeks or so (difficult to say exactly how long, I don't use it a huge amount), my Friends Stream has stopped working. It just says 'Loading...', if I tap the bottom of the widget to update it, it just says 'Updating..' and never shows anything. Same happens if I use the app rather than the widget. I've rebooted the phone, no effect.

HTC Sense itself has crashed a fair few times recently as well, especially in the last couple of days, maybe related?

Has anyone got any thoughts?

Cheers,
    Al.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast

Maybe you could go to settings/applications/manage applications/and try clearing the cache for friendstream.

3. alhenderson

Good hint, but made no difference. In fact, it doesn't even seem to have removed the accounts as they are still listed. I keep having to 'Force Close' it this morning as well. Maybe I need to look for an alternative, which is a shame since I like it..

Al.

4. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Android Enthusiast

Have you tried a phone reboot. The only trouble I had was with the news widget, which HTC suggested I do a factory reset to fix. However I switched to Pulse for my news which is not only so much better it also frees up screen space

5. alhenderson

Yeah, done several reboots. Its just gone completely AWOL by the looks of it. Strange, its not as if I've just had an OS update or anything.. Maybe another app is affecting it?

Al.

6. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast

You could also try logging out of your facebook app, then under accounts and sync remove facebook and facebook for htc sense, then under manage applications clear the data and cache for facebook and facebook for htc sense, then log back into your facebook app, and finally goto accounts and sync and re-add facebook for htc sense.

7. alhenderson

I bit the bullet and did a factory reset in the end. Tried removing accounts and re-adding, removing various apps but nothing seemed to help, HTC Sense kept crashing and the Friends Stream was stubbornly stuck.

All seems well now, happily, whizzy phone with everything working :)

Thanks for all the tips above, much appreciated.

Al.

landovr likes this.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews