• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FriendStream - no updates

cnanthony

Apr 8, 2010
Hi

Had my Desire for a few weeks now, arrived day of launch!

Not really had any problems so far, many thanks to this forum - stupid questions are never stupid.

Anyway this morning I woke up and FriendStream had frozen, no updates since the day before. I leave my phone on overnight connected to update email/friendstream etc. So I pressed the update button at the base of the widget and I got this message

"No recent updates"

So thinking not much of it I clicked through to check my individual accounts were still connected and FORCE CLOSE.

So far I have tried removing the widget and replacing, changing scene, rebooting, rebooting after removing the battery for a couple of hours.

Facebook and twitter accounts are still active.

Please help I really would like to not do a hard reset but if thats what I need to do, how do I do it and whats the best way to back up everything first?

mine did this and i cleared the cache seems to be refreshing more frequently now, ive got mine set on every 4hours and works most of the time. i think it my need the cache clearing every few days. still testing has ive had mine less than a week

No I've tried that as well its not just not updating it won't show any updates and force closes when I click through to the widget.

Thanks anyway

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones