1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

FriendStream Replacement

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Asterdroid, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Android Expert

Is there a fullscreen widget out there that's similar to FriendStream?

I was using PureMessenger for Twitter/Facebook for a bit, and I love some of the features, but I can't get past the fact that it's clunky. (It's much better for e-mail/sms)

I'm looking for a full screen widget that (ideally) gives you the option to open the Twitter/Facebook applications from within the widget, and has a customizable UI.

That's in an ideal world. I'd settle for a reasonable, fast facebook/twitter combined feed if it exists.

2. JE78

JE78 Android Enthusiast

Widgets aren't meant for full screen. If you want full screen just launch the program

3. Todd M

Todd M Android Enthusiast

Incorrect. There are a number of widgets that occupy the entire screen. Friendstream is one. HTC has a few of them that are stock that way. You can also have a calendar widget that occupies one entire screen, and there are a number more of them.

4. Dustinb

Dustinb Well-Known Member

Here's an application ripped from the LG Ally that might work for you. I haven't used it but it might be exactly what you're looking for.

LG Socialite App

150_cav likes this.
  5. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Android Expert

right....

So anyway, I'll check out the Socialite app. Any other recommendations? I really like the configurability of PureMessenger, but it's just too damn slow to scroll through. I wish they would add a swype-scrolling feature to that application.

Edit: Well this is interesting. They are working on a scrollable feature for Pure Messenger. I guess I'll just stick with that and wait for the feature to be released. Thanks for the information.

6. 150_cav

150_cav Android Enthusiast

thanks, i like it. i probably wont use it till i root the inc and take off sense ui

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews