1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Fring app - video calling works on Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mobilehavoc, May 27, 2010.

1. mobilehavoc

mobilehavoc Well-Known Member

SO yes, it doesn't have a front facing camera like Evo BUT the Fring app works perfectly and will let you do video calls with the Incredible. This is actually excellent news for me. A lot of the times I couldn't care less who sees me but I want to see them (daughter, wife, etc.). This way they can look at what I'm looking at while I see them :)

2. necosino

necosino Android Expert

Mirrors FTW

3. contagous

contagous Android Expert

+1

4. bgrutter

bgrutter Android Enthusiast

Mirrors...

I was thinking the exact same thing. Someone could probably make a hefty amount of money with some sort of 'Pivot-Out' case mirror in the accessory market. I don't really like bulky cases, but if the back was able to pivot and function as a mirror for the camera or screen, id be interested. Especially when traveling.

5. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Android Enthusiast

Am I the only one that doesn't want my fiance seeing me drinking at the bar with my friends when I should be at home cleaning the toilets? :D

Front facing camera = gimmick.

6. TheSultan

TheSultan Android Expert

lol @ both people looking at the backs of their phones for video calls. ONE party would have to have a front facing camera to make this worth it.

7. mobilehavoc

mobilehavoc Well-Known Member

Looks like Skype removed their support - that was fast. Now it keeps saying subscription failed for Skype - worked earlier today.

8. psygkosis

psygkosis Lurker

How were you able to get it to work? I get a message in the box where the video feed should be saying there is no front facing camera??

9. colnago

colnago Android Expert

We have it working on the N900...its surprisingly smooth. I look at it as a way to help me, help my parents fix things, remotely, so now I can "see" what they are talking about. "Screen sharing" is kinda nice too.

10. Momomuffins

Momomuffins Newbie

I'm +1'ing your +1...that made me lawl

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews