1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Fring on the EVO

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lordofthereef, Feb 4, 2011.

1. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert

So being that we have been waiting ages for skype to actually have a video chat function, I decided to give fring a go. It installed just fine, but it said video chat was disabled because of device limitations. I assume this is the popup you get if you install fring on a phone without a front facing camera. Obviously I have the evo. What gives?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. flailer

flailer Member

i dont know the answer to your question, but i loaded it too. I see contacts listed, but they never seem to log in , or at least i cant see that they do.... So i havent been using it.

i run Skype just for texting, and G-talk too. But.....

I use yahoo's advanced IM ... which WORKS GREAT and which allows three modes of operation:
    1. TEXTING (using voice commands no less, which works GREAT, and frick'n ROCKS !!)
    2. VOICE ( for free international calls, i hope) and this app also does pretty nice
    3. VIDEO CALLS, using the EVO's front-facing camera

Not a fan of Yahoo, but frick'n A: the product works (and is free) :cool:

Errrrr, perhaps there is a thread on Yahoo IM ??? Spank You Berry Much

3. peoples1234

peoples1234 Lurker

Tango, but audio quality is hit and miss.

4. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert

So there is nobody here that actually uses fring for video calls on the EVO?

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews