• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FRING skype question

rjjr2531

Android Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2009
dallas,tx
i have used video chat with other evo users and never a problem...today i called a friend on his laptop and skuype and was unable to get audio...it was a screetchy sound the entire time...he said everything was connected right on his end and to my understanding fring is already setup to work...

anyone share this same experience or is it likely his setup and not the phone...thanks for any input!

when i login to fring its random if my skype contacts come up immediately...any suggestions on how to make them load as soon as i open program...am i missing something?

I believe that's more Skype than anything - we (at work) all experience that on our desktop Skype fairly often.

For whatever reason, it seems the more I use Fring, the less often that delay happens - could be coincidental tho, so don't bank on that.

Upvote 0
I actually have not had very good experience with Fring to desktop Skype. I tested it out at home...worked fine. Then traveled for work and wanted to test it out. Didn't work at LAX airport, MCI airport, or my hotel room in Kansas City. The call connects, but either I get no video, the Skype person gets no video, our the video that the Skype person sees is a freeze frame.

Maybe the network is too sleep and you really need 4g. I just know out didn't really work and I'm not sure if the front camera will really ber of any use. Considering the droid X now. It's a shame because I really wanted to use the front camer.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones