• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

From a blackberry curve to an Incredible 2

njtexas

Mar 21, 2011
I currently have a Verizon blackberry curve 8330. I have an upgrade and I'm ready for a Droid. The Incredible 2 seems to be the one for me. How do you all like it? Now, I email a lot (my initial hesitation for leaving a blackberry). Basically, I have a gmail account and a yahoo account. Is it easy to use the keyboard on the DINC2? Is it easy to check gmail and yahoo email on the device as well?

Thanks

make the jump. i don't know about yahoo email but the gmail works well in the gmail app. if anything, just forward all your yahoo to your gmail? but yeah, i hate the stock keyboard but there are plenty of alternative oiptions. the typing was the biggest adjustment for me too coming from a blackberry. but i think i've found a really nice keyboard in the better keyboard app. but there are several others too like swiftkey or swype (beta version right now). but all in all, you'll see vast improvement in all areas except for possibly the messaging. but if you can get used to the touchscreen typing, then you will definitley not regret the switch over.

Upvote 0
I currently have a Verizon blackberry curve 8330. I have an upgrade and I'm ready for a Droid. The Incredible 2 seems to be the one for me. How do you all like it? Now, I email a lot (my initial hesitation for leaving a blackberry). Basically, I have a gmail account and a yahoo account. Is it easy to use the keyboard on the DINC2? Is it easy to check gmail and yahoo email on the device as well?

Thanks

I went from the BlackBerry Storm to the Inc2. The transition was very easy. The keyboard does get some getting used to if you use it in landscape mode. Going from the Curve you should have no problems getting used to it in portrait mode. In landscape mode I think the space bar is too small. I keep hitting the "." key which it to the right of the space key.

I'm not having any issues with the e-mail. I have a Yahoo, GMAIL, and Comcast e-mails. Setting up all three took less that a half hour to complete.

Upvote 0

Thanks

I had issues with Yahoo mail pushing from the stock mail setup. I downloaded the Yahoo app and it pushes right through. I also use app for all messaging now too. That's the beauty of all the apps droid has to offer!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones