• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

From a Note 4, from a Note 7, from a Note 4 to the V20.

TexandroidSS

Aug 20, 2016
Just came from a Note 4 with a "pregnant" battery. Prior to retiring my Note 4, I got on board the Note 7 bandwagon for all of about a week before they recalled it. Looking forward to some time with the V20, although I have to admit, seeing the first few threads discussing issues and lawsuits, I'm thinking maybe I should've looked at Samsung again or HTC. Although, I'm glad to get out of my Note 4. I'm looking listening forward to hearing what I was told is improved audio.

Not really sure what the lawsuits bit is about. People I know with V10's and G4's love theirs. and have no issues.

I have had no issues with my V20 - but I will say when you get it spend some time rigging it the way you think you want it. Play with it hard for a day or to and make sure all the bits work. There are always some infant mortality issues or other production glitches with any device.

I make the same recommendation on any thing I buy.

Reactions: Phil Conroy
Upvote 0
Some LG V20 bootloop issues are from people who rooted it. G4/V10 do have bootloop and overheating issues
My G4 did have the bootloop problem which showed up 16 months after I bought it. LG fixed it w.o. question - but phone, after a few more months is acting "squirrely".
It would/does over heat and shut down after 9-10 min. of video shooting. Will wait, if I can, to see how the G6 is working for people for 2-3 months.

Upvote 0
Sorry that it took so long for me to respond, have been fairly busy, and most importantly, I haven't had the need to come online to resolve any issues with my phone. I did go to a Best Buy for an extra charger cable and was told that once a security update is installed, it's best to just backup the phone and wipe it. Sure enough, that did the trick. I find it a little unnerving that a Verizon update gives me issues.

Not really sure what the lawsuits bit is about. People I know with V10's and G4's love theirs. and have no issues.

I have had no issues with my V20 - but I will say when you get it spend some time rigging it the way you think you want it. Play with it hard for a day or to and make sure all the bits work. There are always some infant mortality issues or other production glitches with any device.

I make the same recommendation on any thing I buy.

I've heard a lot of people insisting that there was a class action lawsuit for the device. I think people do tend to overreact when it comes to their devices, but that's what I've been reading.

I to came from a Note 4. After a few months I have no issues at all with the switch. I think my LG is great. The loss of my stylis is the thing that held on the longest.

I rarely used the stylus, but somehow I felt that I had to have one. So far my experience with LG is good enough for me not to want to go back to Samsung anytime soon.

Some LG V20 bootloop issues are from people who rooted it. G4/V10 do have bootloop and overheating issues

I don't think I'll ever have the need to root my device anymore. I used to think it was cool, but Android is such an open platform that I don't know what I'd gain by rooting the device. Several years ago, that wasn't the case. When carriers were locking down stuff like tethering, I found rooting helped me get around carriers' BS policies, but since they've decided to play ball, I've had no need to root.

My G4 did have the bootloop problem which showed up 16 months after I bought it. LG fixed it w.o. question - but phone, after a few more months is acting "squirrely".
It would/does over heat and shut down after 9-10 min. of video shooting. Will wait, if I can, to see how the G6 is working for people for 2-3 months.

Were you saving to the internal memory or to a memory card? What kind of memory card are you using? I've had issues with memory cards that couldn't read/write fast enough to keep up with HD video or even audio. The biggest issues I've seen are with Sandisk.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones