1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

From an iPhone to a Nexus One

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bobbyjason, Feb 2, 2010.

1. bobbyjason

bobbyjason Newbie
    None

Feb 2, 2010
    Affiliate Guy!
    UK
    For what it's worth...

I'd been using an iPhone 3G 8GB Since April 2009.

I LOVED it! I had it hooked up to my Google Apps domain using the Exchange hack. I didn't Jailbreak it - but loved having everything syncronised with 'the cloud'.

Having loved the iPhone so much; I was dubious about paying $577 to pay for a Nexus One to be shipped to the UK. Anyway, 15:00 Tues 26th Jan I did the deed! Friday afternoon and my handset arrived! *YAY*

Anyway, I removed my sim from my iPhone; shoved it into my Nexus One. Within 2 minutes of entering my Google account details; my calendar, email; and Contacts had all syncronised from the cloud! ACE!

Using the o2 network in the UK, did a 3G speed test today and got 2.1mb connection via HSDPA whilst in a bar. Everything is working great, not had a single issue with it.

I've since sold my iPhone; and do not regret it at all. I'm even using "doubleTwist" to sync my iTunes with my Nexus one.

I'm not picky; sure the iPhone multi-touch is handy - but it's just a cool novelty - and with the update coming to my N1 OTA rather soon I don't need to moan :p

The MAJOR thing that I love is the fact that I can now have background applications. Using the iPhone was a real pain; having to switch on PUSH notifications just so you know if an app has been updated whilst it's been closed...

At least now I can use Google Talk, AND browse the web simultaneously! :)

So yeah, 4 days of owning a Nexus One after owning an iPhone for 10 months - I'm one happy guy. Would definately (and have done) recommend it to my friends.
    :)

Advertisement

2. idiotekniQues

idiotekniQues Member
    None

Jan 29, 2010
    holding down the Home button will bring up 6 apps, either ones open and running or recently used ones. goes right to the last screen you were on in those apps.

real multitasking.

3. bobbyjason

bobbyjason Newbie
    None

Feb 2, 2010
    Affiliate Guy!
    UK
    Ace; I did that once accidently and wondered what I'd done! thanks for that!

That was one thing that *did* suprise me: No manual came with the phone! I never read them anyway lol - but was strange not to get one.

4. FLT

FLT Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 18, 2009
    .be
    You're dealing with Google don't forget, everything is on the web ;)

Nexus One user's guide - Nexus One Help

Full user guide is downloadable on the left

Tags: