• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

From Behold 2 to the MTS... WOW!

Madwolf27

Feb 20, 2010
EONS of difference. This phone flies!

A coworker has the nexus one and I compared em side by side. Physically, the nexus is better. Very solid, big screen. MTS screen was brighter and more vibrant. Software though... I couldn't tell a difference. I had launcher pro running on my MTS emulating the interface on the nexus one, even the 3d scroll and there was no difference.

So far... no dust issue, no wobble and no creaking. It feels more solid than the behold 2 did.

Camera is a step back, for some reason there is a delay on taking the pic that is very annoying.

I thought I would miss the AMOLED screen but not at all, amazingly enough. Resolution seems perfect for the screen size.

I also compared it side by side with another cowrkers droid. If anything, the MTS seemed ever so slightly faster. The screen was definitely brighter and more vibrant than the droid (I turned up the brightness on both). Again though, the droid feels better, more solid. The keyboard on the MTS was impressively better than the droids though.

I know the phone is somewhat over priced but in actual function, its as good as any out there I have personally seen.

benefits to rooting are the ability to load custom ROMS, clean out the garbage bloatware put on the phone by TMO, when someone figures out a better kernel the ability to overclock for more speed and under clock for better battery life. basically it lets you really make the phone "yours"
ex. I'm have the MT3G-S a.k.a. HTC Espresso but I am running a customized load up screen (no more TMO jingle or vid of things flying into the phone), a ported version of the ROM from HTC Legend and Live Wall Papers.

Reactions: Madwolf27
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones