• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root From Froyo to GB Roms

dmiller2007

Android Expert
May 18, 2010
i'm sure this has been answered in other threads but i've looked around a bit and decided i would just start a new thread for verification. i've been way too busy lately to really follow much of the rooting community and have been on liberty .340 for a while now. i've done a little research today and i'm ready to jump to GB. it looks like i need to sbf to .340. root. then use the D2 bootstrap to install the 2 part zip from TBH to get to .596. Then use the deodexer on that to deoedex it then i can install .595 or .596 roms (i think i saw somewhere that the differences in versions are small enough that they are interchangable), do i pretty much have it correct? i've been the different parts but i haven't found all those steps listed in the same place yet. thanks in advance.

thanks. i've already downloaded all the files. i have a night off work tonight so i'm going to pull the trigger when i get home from school. i was planning on trying out the zombiestomped 1.7 rom which is a .595 base. but i read in their forums that people flashed it over .596 and it just reverted their device back to .595 without any other effects.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones