1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root From gb to froyo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ilmar72, May 30, 2011.

1. ilmar72

ilmar72 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    I was running liquid gingersense v 1 with th gb radio. I didn't even know that there was a problem and we were being told to reinstall froyo for the fear of bricking. I reinstalled froyo because of issues with the Rom.
    Anyway : all I did was put the froyo .402 radio on my SD card then used Rom manager to flash back to my previously backed up Rom. Then booted into hboot which flashed new radio.. no problems at all .

Advertisement

2. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    thats great. glad it went smoothly without apparent issue.

however,for others reading this post:

1) be careful using rom manager. know how to manually do things in recovery in case you cannot boot into a useable rom.you wont be able to use rom manager in the middle of a bootloop ;)

2) lots of people have downgraded by flashign the radio,then the rom,or pulling the battery after restoring a backup to get to hboot,and even using rom manager:)eek:) to restore,then flashing the radio. to my knowledge no one has really experienced anything bad because of it,but be careful and realize that you are deviating from the original instructions when doing one of these. if something does go wrong as a result,no one to blame but yourself.