• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

From HTC Desire to Motorola Atrix - hello!

Just saying hello to all. I upgraded yesterday to Motorola Atrix from HTC Desire and so far I'm very pleased with the phone, battery and UI.

I'm on T-Mobile in the UK, and am patiently waiting for the Gingerbread 2.3 update. I'm told this has been confirmed to be out end of October, but you know what it's like with these things.

For anyone thinking of getting the HD Entertainment dock (with the bluetooth keyboard, mouse and r/c) it's well worth the extra

Hi there! Why did you get rid of your Desire? I have both the Atrix and the Inspire 4G and while I use the Atrix a bit more, the Inspire 4G is still a tremendous phone and I usually alternate the two phones, rotating their use.

Just curious. :)

-Mike

I was due an upgrade. I'd had the Desire for 18 months, and I still have it actually. I've not decided whether to get rid of it yet though - I loved that phone, but the

Upvote 0
Great to hear that you're enjoying your Atrix so far :) What made you pick the Atrix over the SGS2?

Hi Roze.

I have never been a big fan of Samsung - not just phonewise but in general, so from the start I was put off with the SGSII. It did look impressive in terms of hardware, but as with most Samsung products it just felt a bit cheap, almost like a toy, compared to the HTC and Motorola alternatives.

For me it was between the HTC Sensation and the Motorola Atrix. The latter's bigger battery and plethora of attachments to play with swung it for me on the day. I just hope T-Mobile releases Ginger Bread 2.3 soon...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones