• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help from iphone to s3, a few minor questions

Randy Lahey

Lurker
Aug 16, 2012
just picked up my s3 and i have a few questions.

Many of my friends including my wife all have iphones and when a picture message is sent from them, my android will receive literally 20 minutes later. Any fix to this? Also a minor question I have, any chance my messages can turn blue (imessage) to iphone users instead of green?

Well your delayed message I dunno I think it's an android issue I had problems with not receiving texts too. I have tried to leave apple twice and both android phones had similar issues. I went back to iPhone, I have no tolerance for things not working right. As far as iMessage is concerned, no you can't get that blue. I'm pretty sure it has to be from an iPhone.

Upvote 0
This is likely because you did not turn iMessage off on your iPhone before switching. People who have iPhones devices still try to send to you via iMessage and do not text it for a while after iMessage has failed and it sends via mms. You can remove your number from the iMessage servers via a web page I believe although I turned my iMessage off before switching to the GS3 for this reason. It's not your GS3's fault, it's Apple's for making it difficult to turn iMessage off when switching devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones