1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

from iphone to s3, a few minor questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Randy Lahey, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey Lurker

just picked up my s3 and i have a few questions.

Many of my friends including my wife all have iphones and when a picture message is sent from them, my android will receive literally 20 minutes later. Any fix to this? Also a minor question I have, any chance my messages can turn blue (imessage) to iphone users instead of green?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Vtec

Vtec Member

Well your delayed message I dunno I think it's an android issue I had problems with not receiving texts too. I have tried to leave apple twice and both android phones had similar issues. I went back to iPhone, I have no tolerance for things not working right. As far as iMessage is concerned, no you can't get that blue. I'm pretty sure it has to be from an iPhone.

3. UserName872

UserName872 Android Enthusiast

This is likely because you did not turn iMessage off on your iPhone before switching. People who have iPhones devices still try to send to you via iMessage and do not text it for a while after iMessage has failed and it sends via mms. You can remove your number from the iMessage servers via a web page I believe although I turned my iMessage off before switching to the GS3 for this reason. It's not your GS3's fault, it's Apple's for making it difficult to turn iMessage off when switching devices.

4. dfran1

dfran1 Android Enthusiast

my wife still uses an iPhone 4s (was my old phone) and I have the siii
    and no problems at all.

so it must be like UserName872 said, do as he instructed.

Oh one more thing iDont miss my iphone at all !!!!! not one thing I miss on it.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews