• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

From Motorola Droid to Incredible

I had a motorola droid that I recently sold on ebay in order to purchase the Incredible and I was just wondering did anyone else here go from a droid to a incred. Is everything pretty similar other then the speed/camera of course? I know the complaints against the droid were battery life and signal which are the same Im hearing for the htc model but I figured out a way around those.

Just curious...thanks...

Had the droid for about 5 months. Awesome phone but the slight lag bothered me after using the ipod touch. Never used the keyboard and didn't like the fact that the phone would slide in my pocket.

Incredible is amazing. It is everything I wanted in the droid and more. You will not be sorry.

Upvote 0
Had the droid for about 5 months. Awesome phone but the slight lag bothered me after using the ipod touch. Never used the keyboard and didn't like the fact that the phone would slide in my pocket.

Incredible is amazing. It is everything I wanted in the droid and more. You will not be sorry.

Which Droid? :D

I had a Moto Droid that I got on launch day, and it was great! I got so used to typing on screen, that I started to investigate some lighter phones.

Love my DI much more than my MD!

Upvote 0
I also sold my 7 month old Moto Droid on Ebay to get the Incredible and its a night an day difference. Moto Droid seems clunky and unpolished compared to the Incredible and I absolutely loved the Moto Droid before selling it. Incredible is fast as hell and SenseUI takes the cake. I am happy with my decision.

Upvote 0
Got my Incredible on day one and never looked back to old moto droid,
sold moto droid in 3 days for 280.00!

Inc is superb!!! Very fast, smooth, lightweight, and camera is so sweeeeet!
screen is very responsive, I am one that likes the htc sense ui so another big plus
added bunch of apps and games and it powers through them all
It fits nice in any pocket, looks great with movies,youtube,web etc

Once rooting comes it will be complete for me. easier wifi hotspot setup but
right now im using pdanet to tether to laptop and connectify lets me share my
3g connection with other laptops in the house

Overall very pleased with this powerful device...

Side note....
The new htc 4g looks cool but too big! watched vids on it already and just looks
like a oversized Incredible to me lol, might be good for web or vids but overall
would be a pain to carry around in pocket n such
plus its on sprint, which sucks for coverage like att, not a verizon fanboy
but for me they have had great coverage and speeds for me, 1.2-1.8mbps on average

Upvote 0
Yeah I felt like a guy with a ugly girlfriend i found myself making excuses for it "nahh its not that bad looking", " it looks okay with a case" ,"oh the slider is loose its not too bad the headphone jack isn't working either? It's okay" lol the list goes on.. the incredible is much better and faster it looks great too

Upvote 0
There is only one Droid. This Verizon marketing BS is annoying calling it the Droid Incredible when they are made by two different companies.

Nooooo, there is the HTC Droid Eris, HTC Droid Incredible and the Motorola Droid. Refer to the site. The name "droid" is used under license from Lucasarts for Verizons entire lineup. Intended to create a niche like "BlackBerry" and "iPhone"

Upvote 0
There is only one Droid. This Verizon marketing BS is annoying calling it the Droid Incredible when they are made by two different companies.
The marketing is BS because ALL marketing is BS!

Just imagine the confusion of advertising your new best android phone 'um.. it's not a droid, but it runs the same operating system, and it's made by a different company, and and and....'. Most people don't even know what an OS is.

At a party the other night I pulled out my Inc to show a girl a music video. After it was over she said 'is that an iPhone?' and I just said 'no, it's on verizon actually. It's a droid.' I didn't feel like spending the next 15mins explaining the nuances of smart phones. Of course at this point my 'smart phone' is more like a small touchscreen computer.... But that's the point at which you reveal yourself to be a huge dork and the lady moves on to talk to another....

It's a droid. It's the new droid. So much easier to explain. From that point you can go on into the details, but, seriously, it's a droid.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
i went from a droid to an incredible. The incredible is awesome. The fact that i no longer feel like i am holstering a brick in my pocket was the deal maker for me. its faster and sexier, the camera is awesome.

The only negative compared to the motodroid is the screen resolution. There is a distinct difference that is multiplied by the clairvue anti-glare screen protector. Unfortunately, it is necessary in my opinion, because in bright outside light, without it you can barely see the screen. However

Upvote 0
The marketing is BS because ALL marketing is BS!

Just imagine the confusion of advertising your new best android phone 'um.. it's not a droid, but it runs the same operating system, and it's made by a different company, and and and....'. Most people don't even know what an OS is.

At a party the other night I pulled out my Inc to show a girl a music video. After it was over she said 'is that an iPhone?' and I just said 'no, it's on verizon actually. It's a droid.' I didn't feel like spending the next 15mins explaining the nuances of smart phones. Of course at this point my 'smart phone' is more like a small touchscreen computer.... But that's the point at which you reveal yourself to be a huge dork and the lady moves on to talk to another....

It's a droid. It's the new droid. So much easier to explain. From that point you can go on into the details, but, seriously, it's a droid.

I worked in marketing for four years. The word marketing and the phrase BS are one and the same ;) Seriously.

Upvote 0
I went from a rooted Moto Droid to the Inc and the biggest differences have to be speed and form factor. I really liked the Moto, up until getting the Inc it was actually the best phone I've owned and I've had every smartphone on VZW(besides BB), but the Inc is in a class of it's own, it really is an amazing device, I love how responsive it is, the camera and just how it feels in my hand. The one thing I do miss is root access, I'm a flash junkie, but considering how great the Inc is stock, I think I'll be able to live until the devs root this baby.

If anyone is considering jumping from the Moto Droid to the Inc, I say do it for sure, in my opinion you can't buy a better phone(for the moment at least).

Upvote 0
I went from a droid that I bought the day before it was released (walmart special) and loved the phone but switch to the incredible because I never used the keyboard and wanted a lighter phone. I actually prefer the screen of the original droid due to the higher resolution (the incredible definately isn't as sharp) and I loved the abilities root gave me on the (wireless tethering). As soon as the incredible gets root I'll be totally satisfied.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones