1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support From shift to Evo regular

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Globox11, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Globox11

Globox11 Lurker
    None

Mar 12, 2011
    Has anyone switched from the shift to the regular EVO?

I find the volume control button placed EXACLTY where I hold the phone to use the keyboard a really lame location. Which causes me to CONSTANLTY hit and it adjusts itself...UGH! And some other window constantly pops up that says "speak or cancel" wtf?:mad:

I was on the fence about the shift only because of the regular EVO size, but this self proclaimed shift flaw is worthy of the switch....Wish me luck, I just came off the Galaxy S which was the most awesome phone in the world!!:)

Advertisement

2. wjogert

wjogert Lurker
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    I have the same problem. BAD location for the volume bar.

Several users have mentioned this on the HTC support forum. Hopefully they will issue an update that will either disable the volume bar while the keys are open, or just add a delay to the volume bar so you have to press and hold before changes occur.

BTW, I should mention that placing the phone into a protective "shell" ( I bought the carbon fiber one from Sprint store) effectively recesses all the buttons and has really reduced how often I press them inadvertently.

3. 26.2

26.2 Newbie
    None

Feb 27, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    ditto,
    Once i placed a protective shell/case around the phone (I purchased the HTC case). It has recessed all the buttons, and I have not had a problem at all with the volume keys.