• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

From WinMobile to Android

Hello Androidians!

I'm ABCDawg, tho most folks just refer to me as Dawg or CDawg. First name, Colin.

I picked up a Samsung Galaxy i7500L about a month ago from Bell Mobility, not realizing what I was getting myself into with this handset. Unfortunately, at the time, there weren't any other Android OS options in their line-up. So, though I've come to realize I don't have the best phone out there, I also didn't have much choice.

Anywho, I gotta say I'm LOVIN' Android to bits. My last phone was an HTC Touch which, though fun and hip 3 years ago, was becoming blatantly unenjoyable as I saw nifty new things happening with Android and Microsoft dragging its feet with Windows Phone 7.

So I jumped in head first!

Shout out to DaSchmarotzer, a fellow Canadian, for his awesome post on how to root and flash the i7500L to the lastest version of Galaxo. I am forever in his debt for granting me the ability to NOT regret my purchase! That thread oughta be stickied.

Cheers!

C.Dawg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones