1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Front bezel separated from screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nightmicu, Dec 24, 2011.

1. nightmicu

nightmicu Lurker

Hi everyone,

Well, I am on my second HTC Thunderbolt. I asked for a replacement because the first one had a pink tint to the screen, especially on any grays, and very dull whites. I obsessed over the first one for three days straight, my wife was ready to kill me -- but agreed when the new one arrived that it was indeed quite pink in comparison.

I received the new one two days ago and actually left it at home until today when I went to work because I didn't want to risk breaking it until I could find a good case that would accommodate the extended battery. Long story short, things were going great until I had to perform a battery pull and the left side of the front bezel began to separate from the screen.

The bezel has bowed out a tiny bit the vertical middle of the front of the device on the left side, near one of the rear internal screws (battery compartment). There is a light leak there now and it's wide open for crud to get between the bezel and the screen.

The only thing I can think of that caused this to happen was when I was replacing the battery door and somehow popped it off. If I push in this area with my thumb, I can mostly close the gap but it will not snap back into place or stay there. I immediately took it to a Verizon store and was told to call the number to ask for a replacement, apparently Verizon does not do repairs at all anymore?

My question - has this happened to anyone else? Is there a simple way to fix this problem? This phone is perfect in every other way and I really don't feel like going through the stress of trying to replace this phone again. Still within the two week period, I opted out of the warranty.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Android Enthusiast

I would just get it replaced... better to get it right than have to deal with it coming off again

3. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I was about to ask if it was a refurb. Seems like EVERY refurb I was getting (6 total before they just let me upgrade my phone) didn't have the screen seated correctly. Some had the screen lifted, and I even received one where the screen would move inside its housing. Verizon's refurb QA isn't the best, provided such a department exists at Verizon....Get a replacement and don't settle. After 5-6 insist they do something different to keep you satisfied (If you keep getting poor quality refurbs).

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews