• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Front camera for video calling?

only the next iphone as far as i know. there are plenty of phones across seas, particularly in korea that take advantage of this, unfortunately we are always behind technology wise both phone and internet. if anyone my guess would be htc to be on of the first android wise.

Sorry, should have said, I'm in the UK where we've had this on the majority of handsets for a number of years now.

It's something I've used that I'd like to keep when I leap from Nokia to Android. (wife's already done it, but stuck with Samsung like her last 6 handsets).

Upvote 0
My T-Mobile Pulse has a front facing camera, but no one has ever actually got it to work AFAIK. There are no options to initiate a video call and no apps which use a camera (from straight up camera replacement apps to apps like Shopsavvy) can access it.

Those crazy guys at Huawei.

Try QIK, there is an option to use front or back camara which is grayed out on my phone as I don't have a front camara.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones