1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Front Camera Issue (white screen- no errors)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Weapon54x, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Weapon54x

Weapon54x Lurker

Hello all,

Every time I open my camera and toggle front face camera all it shows is a white screen. The options are all there and the rear facing camera works fine. I have googled the issue and cant seem to find anyone with the same issue just people who have black screens or errors saying "camera fail". Here is what I have tried so far:
    • Clear camera cache and data then reboot- Didnt Work
    • Rebooted into safe mode -Didnt Work
    • Wiped the Cache Partition -Didnt Work
    • Factory reset- Didnt Work
    • Bought a new camera module and installed it. I then repeated the steps above -Didnt Work

Any ideas why its not working? or suggestions on what to do next?

I do remeber the last app I installed before the camera when bad was snapchat. When I uninstalled it and reinstalled it it did nothing for the camera. I also did the factory reset and the camera didnt work before I added snapchat again.
    I took the phone apart and removed the front camera and reassembled it without it and the phone shows a black screen. When I added the camera back it went back to the white screen. Software issue?

Samsung Galaxy s4 SPH-L720 rooted to AT&T network

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews