• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Front Camera Issue (white screen- no errors)

Weapon54x

Lurker
Feb 8, 2016
Hello all,

Every time I open my camera and toggle front face camera all it shows is a white screen. The options are all there and the rear facing camera works fine. I have googled the issue and cant seem to find anyone with the same issue just people who have black screens or errors saying "camera fail". Here is what I have tried so far:
  • Clear camera cache and data then reboot- Didnt Work
  • Rebooted into safe mode -Didnt Work
  • Wiped the Cache Partition -Didnt Work
  • Factory reset- Didnt Work
  • Bought a new camera module and installed it. I then repeated the steps above -Didnt Work

Any ideas why its not working? or suggestions on what to do next?

I do remeber the last app I installed before the camera when bad was snapchat. When I uninstalled it and reinstalled it it did nothing for the camera. I also did the factory reset and the camera didnt work before I added snapchat again.
I took the phone apart and removed the front camera and reassembled it without it and the phone shows a black screen. When I added the camera back it went back to the white screen. Software issue?

Samsung Galaxy s4 SPH-L720 rooted to AT&T network

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones