• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Front camera issues with cyanogenmod

BigDreZ28

Dec 6, 2010
Iroc
I haven't had luck searching for answers to this, so basically with cyanogenmod my front camera is inoperable (doesn't matter which camera app I use) it will always force close the app. Could this be a rom/kernel/modem issue or something? I'm not to savvy on how all this stuff works, I just know how to download and install it.

I believe these are all the specs here:

nrOzwYNl.png

phone also will occasionally shut itself down after it sits for awhile and the red led will flash when I turn it back on, with little no loss of battery life but that's pretty random. I do run setcpu profile: Screen off -CPU 800-500, governor ondemand. Is that too low? It's the only profile I have set up.

Any help greatly appreciated.

There are stated issues with Cyanogenmod. And with AOSP launchers (like cyanogenmod. Ones that make your phone look like stock android), there's bound to be some bugs.

However, when I used CM, i don't recall having a bug where the phone shuts itself off...
And your profiles are fine. I had mine running at 500mhz even with the screen on before and it eas close to buttery smooth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones