• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Front camera makes me sad

Is the FFC something that is just ahead of the apps that are currently being developed? I mean it makes sense that video chat and video voicemail should be able to happen with this phone (at least over wifi if not on 3g). However, none of those things is currently possible for the phone because of the lack of apps correct?

Upvote 0
Is the FFC something that is just ahead of the apps that are currently being developed? I mean it makes sense that video chat and video voicemail should be able to happen with this phone (at least over wifi if not on 3g). However, none of those things is currently possible for the phone because of the lack of apps correct?

Qik said they are working on a beta video chat app for these kinds of android phones. They said transform should be one of them.

Upvote 0
I just used the front camera to take some impromptu snaps at lunch, and I now learned that all the pictures come out backwards! WTF? You get a mirror image of reality, not an actual picture. So now I have to flip all the pictures I take with the front camera...how stupid. I didn't see any settings to fix this in the camera, either. Disappointing.

Upvote 0
I just used the front camera to take some impromptu snaps at lunch, and I now learned that all the pictures come out backwards! WTF? You get a mirror image of reality, not an actual picture. So now I have to flip all the pictures I take with the front camera...how stupid. I didn't see any settings to fix this in the camera, either. Disappointing.

Yeah, this is pretty much an Intercept all over again. If you want better, you'll have to move up to a Galaxy series.

Upvote 0
Guys first its a video chat camera, it works for video chat, pretty well for qik in fact. Use the far superior camera on the other side for taking pictures.

And the problems with video chat on other programs(yahoo, skype, tango) isn't really an evo issue. Most of the time the problem is a result of the bitch fest going on between carriers and companies giving free video. Carriers don't want you to have free video to PCs, and the companies in most cases couldn't handle the bandwidth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones