1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Front screen contact details

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by basalt, May 19, 2011.

1. basalt

basalt Well-Known Member

I always have a Pin set on my phones for obvious and sensible reasons. When I had an iphone though it was set up so that pressing the button displayed ( as a jpeg image ) my contact details before you got to entering the pin.
    Any way to set this up on the Galaxy? it would mean that at least if I lost it someone would have a way to get in touch with me.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. justiyad

justiyad Android Enthusiast

If you are on 2.2.1 you have the option to set two wallpapers; one for the home screen and a new one for the LOCK SCREEN. You can create a simple image that has your contact information and set it as the lock screen wallpaper (Settings, Display, Wallpapers, Lock screen wallpaper) and select your image.

3. basalt

basalt Well-Known Member

Thanks
    I'm on 2.3.3, I've just set that up but the lock screen displays the same background as the home screen ( which is the little grey squares ).

If I don't have a Pin set up then I do get the desired background with the "slide to unlock" button - but that means not locking the phone.

The image if it makes any difference was just my contact details written on the back of an envelope and photographed with the phones camera - it is perhaps too big?

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews